I woke up to a nightmare

"The last thing I remembered was waking up and Gino was still there. It was crazy, okay I don't even know how we just fell asleep. We were watching tv and then I guess I just drifted off or something. And then I woke up and like my head was like on his chest or something and he was just laying there still asleep with his legs up on the leg rest thingy and I was just like WHAT. And then I like got up really quick and he WOULD NOT wake up! It took like five solid smacks before he finally got up and then I was like what are you still doing here!?!? And he was like oh crap and I was like yes oh crap you need to leave before my mom sees your still here! And then he climbed out the window and literally three seconds later Mackenzie walked in"

"OH MY GOD!" Kendall screamed laughing. "Well I'm glad to hear your morning was so terrific!"

"It was horrible." I said pressing my hands against my face.

"Wait, but how bad would it have been if your mom walked in and just saw you guys sleeping on the couch together like all cuddly" Kendall laughed again.

"We weren't all cuddly. We were just on the couch" I answered while rolling my eyes at her.

"Whatever ya say" she gave me the look and went back to picking stuff out of her dance bag.

Ms. Abby wanted us to "declutter".

"Thank gosh he's not coming in today. That would just be so awkward" I said while fiddling through my bag.

Kendall didn't answer right away and that wasn't like Kendall. She never stopped talking. I looked up at her because I knew something was up. She was looking past me and her mouth was slightly open like she was in shock but this only lasted for a moment.

"Hey guys"

That was now the third time Gino had snuck up on me.

Kendall scoffed still looking really confused. But she went back to organizing her bag. Gino sat down on the floor by me while Kendall sat on the bench with her legs up.

We were far enough away from her that he could whisper to me without her hearing, "Whats up with her?" he said.

"Nothing" I answered back quickly.

"Well she doesn't look too happy to see me" he said a little louder this time but Kendall still didn't hear.

"Shhh" I sushed him. He shrugged and put up his hands.

"We were supposed to have a bros day, just me and her," I explained.

"And then I showed up" he said. I could tell he felt bad.

"You've been doing a lot of that lately" I whispered to him.

"Sorry" he looked over at Kendall who was still looking through her bag. "I'm gonna go...do something" he announced in his normal voice while getting up.

When he left the room Kendall started back up to her talkative self.

"Ok he is literally stalking you" she said throwing her bag over to the side. That probably ruined all the organizing she had just been doing for the past 10 minutes.

"No he's not" I said still whispering. If Gino was still lingering I didn't want him to hear us talking about him.

"Then explain why everywhere you go he shows up a few minutes later" Kendall wasn't whispering.

"He doesn't" I said matter-of-a-factly.

"Yes he does. Two days ago when we got the dance, yesterday when we went to your house and you guys mysteriously fell asleep together and had a little sleepover, and today right now when he just waltzed in unnanounced for no reason!" Kendall was almost screaming now. "He follows you around everywhere like a little puppy dog and its ridiculous! And you're totally okay with him just barging in whenever and its all okay for him because he's definietly in this duet he has a sure spot he can do whatever he wants. But me no I have to work my butt off and sit here with you organizing my dance bag!" She stopped and I thought she was done but she wasn't. "He's so obsessed with you just like everyone else is!"

"Kendall shut up!" I shouted back at her accidentally.

"You know what! Just admit it Maddie you guys totally like each other!" she screamed and it'd be a miracle if no one else in the studio heard.

I opened my mouth wide but nothing came out. Then a few seconds later after I gathered it all in, I replied calmly, "Ms. Abby wants your bag when you're done."

I left the room as fast as I could.