Chapter 5

My head fucking hurts but I can feel a warm hand holding mine. I tried to move a finger then another one and suddenly it pulled away.
"She's awake, she's awake" I think that's Rio talking. i tried to open my eyes and all I see is white. The ceiling...the walls and slowly the blurry image focused and I see Rio looking at me with worried eyes.
"Tokyo?"
i tried to speak but words couldn't come out it felt like my throat was so dry.
"She needs water" the doctor, i assume, said with a smiling face.
"is she okay?" Rio asked.
"She is now" the doctor replied
Once I got to regain my voice. I immediately asked. "what happened?"
"I'll leave you two to it but before that I just need to do some minor checkups, is that okay?"
It took her less than 10 minutes to accomplish everything and I was now left with Rio sitting by my bedside with a very worried face. So, I reached out and smoothed the wrinkles on his forehead.
"Stop worrying..I'm okay now"
"I got so scared...you were unconscious and you weren't responding...I just didn't know what to do and you were asleep for like three whole days"
"That's what you call an accident, you doofus."
"I already told you before to stop doing your own stunts. It's so dangerous considering the parameters and nature of our movie"
"you do know that it's those things that make me enjoy my job right?"
he sighed and he looked defeated.
"i know but dom't expect me to just stand there and act like I'm okay with it" he rebuttled
"I promise to be extra careful next time okay?"
He held my hand and kissed my knuckles.
"you better cos I don't wanna see you injured or hurt"

The Next Day

It didn't take long for the doctor to give me a clearance to be discharged. Miguel offered to drive me home and he asked...well basically forced me to let him stay with me for a few nights si he could keep an eye on me.

We arrived in less than an hour and immediately Miguel cooked some pasta for us to eat. He was very attentive and caring and I scares the hell out of me that I might get used to this. Nut, i'm not complaining right?

"I have to go to work tomorrow to shoot a scene, will you be okay?"
"I'm honestly fine, don't worry" I said with a reassuring smile as he pulled me to his lap and gave me a warm hug.
At this point, I don't really know what's happening or wherewe stand with him being sweet but, I just don't want it to end. So, Hakuna Matata.