Co-Workers

A/N: WOOOO MAMA'S BACK TO CURSE HER CHILDREN WITH A NEW CHAPTER

Seriously sorry dudes but school has been severely ass-fucking me the entire time so I haven't been able to write frequently because of the lack of energy to even do it. Not only that, ya girl was suffering big time with writer's block

I was planning on doing holiday specials but i'm afraid that since they've all gone and passed, it'd be lame to do them now

I'm super sorry for the long wait and for the quality of this chapter ik it's not my best but I hope it's good for now lol

...

...

. . .

Paperwork.

So, so, so much paperwork.

For nearly the entire morning, you had been hunched over your desk sorting through various documents and files, organizing them, preparing nursing care for inmates, planning treatments, scanning medication, etc.

Setting aside another file, you leaned back into your seat with a huff, your spine letting out a series of pops and crackling noises that both were mildly satisfying but also concerning. A groan escaped your lips, staring up at the bright white lights hanging above you as your head tilted further back lazily.

"I swear, I'm gonna piss out of my ass if I have to read anymore than this..."

One of the parts that was nice about being a nurse was the hands-on work you did with the patients; it was still stressful, but you got enjoyment out of meeting various people and trying to help with whatever ailing conditions they had. Most of the patients that Dr. Okina assigned you to were considered the less-risky inmates, so you didn't have to worry too much about a sudden violent outburst. In fact, a good chunk of them were amicable and open, albeit their stories were... interesting. Surprisingly, your job wasn't going as horribly as you anticipated, although you were only a week-and-a-half into it, so you weren't completely sure if your opinion of this place would change at some point.

For the majority of your work so far, it was just reviewing documentation, recording prescriptions, using the electronic graphs, occasionally bringing in tools and materials for Kaguya and Dr. Okina, and overall, sedentary work. Although the work was mind-numbingly boring, it wasn't too bad since you could take a long breather from others; it was more exhausting to be dealing with the patients.

So, seeing those men from before was rare, with the exception of Nico who often came by for check-ups. However, meetings were brief as Dr. Okina and Kaguya would quickly handle him instead. For now, you'd have to be stuck in your tiny office in the clinic, but at least if you got as much of the work done now, then you'd have less to do tomorrow. Lunch here was peacefully quiet and you could just relax by scrolling through your phone or finishing up extra papers.

You bit the nib of your pen, shutting your eyes tightly and muttering, "Is it too much to ask for a girl to see her boy-toys..?"

Re-opening your eyes allowed you to spy something new in front of your face. A calloused and wrinkled hand has appeared in front of your peripheral, its index finger and thumb pressing together before you felt them flick your forehead, earning a sharp 'ack' from you. You leaned your body forward, lightly touching the afflicted area with your hand before sparing a glance to the indifferent doctor.

"______, s'your break. Go have lunch and clean up."

Your head snapped towards the clock on the wall, the hands pointing to noon. "Oh, right-"

"Also, don't eat here like before."

"Pardon?"

"Get out there," he grunted, "find co-workers your age to talk to."