CHAPTER TWO.

CHAPTER TWO,
wake up !

𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻 𝗶𝗳 𝗶 𝘄𝗼𝗸𝗲 𝘂𝗽 𝗶𝗻 𝗺𝘆 𝗱𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗺𝘀𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗯𝗲 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶'𝗺 𝗺𝗶𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶𝗳 𝗶 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗶𝘁 𝗺𝗲𝗮𝗻 𝗮𝗻𝘆𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗼 𝗺𝗲

𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗯𝗲 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶'𝗺 𝗺𝗶𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗴
𝗶𝗳 𝗶 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴
𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗶𝘁 𝗺𝗲𝗮𝗻 𝗮𝗻𝘆𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗼 𝗺𝗲

Davina walked into the kitchen to see the table already set, but with an extra plate. The family always set a plate out in remembrance of the one they lost.

"There we go." Ray said setting out the spaghetti. "Okay, lets do this."

"Lets do it." Carlos agreed as he began to lead the prayer.

"Amen." They said as they heard their aunts voice. The four of them hurried to hide the extra plate before Victoria could see it.

"Spaghetti...Again." Aunt Victoria said causing Ray to laugh. "That's too bad. I brought you my pasteles and arroz con pollo."

"Wait I want that. Dad can I have that?" Davina asked causing him to glare at her. "Fine, fine."

"Thanks, tia. It smells great." Julie complimented.

"You can have it tomorrow. I can't let you have leftovers every night. My sister would kill me, may she rest in peace."

"We need to change our locks." Davina whispered to Carlos who laughed.

"Julie and Davina have been cleaning out mom's studio." Ray told Victoria who patted Julie on the shoulders as she slurped spaghetti. "Hopefully we can get the house on the market and some offers soon."

In all honesty, Davina didn't want to move. Neither did Carlos. But Ray and Julie were dead set on leaving everything behind and starting new.

"Well I like the sound of that." Vic said as Julie yelped. Davina looked over to see Luke, Alex, and Reggie.

"Uhh that's me. Ripping off the Band-Aid." Julie laughed awkwardly.

"There's my brave girl." Aunt Victoria cooed.

"Hey Davina, Julie. I really like what you guys did with the place."

"Thank you." Davina smiled her pearly whites at the cute boy.

"You shouldn't be here." Julie said sharply causing Victoria to gasp.

"Oh, I'm just here to help, mija."

"I never get called mija." Davina mumbled causing Reggie to laugh.

"Oh, I think that's our cue to leave." Alex said to Luke.