two

CHAPTER TWO

[ oo2. we choose our own path. ]

HANNAH PACED back and forth on the grass. She was angry. "That lady drives me mad." She said, looking up at Enola, who sat on the tall tree. "Then she began laughing at our numbers, I cannot believe she did that." Enola continued to stay quiet, she was too focused on her sketch to even pay an ounce of attention to Hannah. "We can't forget about Mycroft saying all those horrible stuff about mother. I can't believe our mother raised those monsters." Hannah finished. She stopped what she was doing and watched, while Enola continued her sketching.

"Are you even listening to me?" Hannah asked, frustrated. "I hate it when I try to express my feelings, and you don't even bother listening." Enola finally looked up from her sketch book with nothing but a empty stare.

"I do listen, but I have feelings too." Enola said. Hannah nodded, understanding, but still quite upset. "Instead of actually telling you how I feel, I like to I sketch them out." She showed Hannah the piece she had been working on, a smirk appeared on her lips.

Hannah's eyes go wide, realizing what she had been sketching. "I love it!" Hannah snorted. "Now, let me see it up close." She hurries up towards Enola, excited to she the master piece up close.

She began hysterically laughing as her eyes focus closer on the sketch, but her laughs quickly die down when she sees Sherlock coming their way. "Quickly, put it away before he asks to see it!"

"I also enjoy a sketch." Sherlock sighs, taking a seat on the ground and leaning onto the tree. "It helps process my thoughts."

"It helps me do the same." Enola says, quickly putting away her sketch, afraid Hannah id right. Her fingers slip and the paper falls down, onto the lap of the last person she wanted to see it.

Sherlock quickly grabs the page from the air, and smiles when he sees Mycroft. "A caricature... perhaps best if Mycroft doesn't see it." He laughs a second, before he returns back to his serious form. It seemed that there was a law that stated it was illegal to show emotions, he showed nothing but a bored expression. "Do you two intend to stay up there?"

"I was hoping for some privacy." Enola said, hoping that he would take the hint that they wanted him to leave them be.

"With Hannah?" He asked confused. He clearly didn't understand them and the relationship they shared. Why would he? He had never shared the same with anyone else, which was quite sad.

"Yes with Hannah. We're always together. Alone is with her." Hannah responds, offended.

"You know, last time I remember, you were quite a sweet little thing, Hannah. I remember when you would always bring mother flowers. From our very own garden because you truly believed Mother would become happier if you were to give her flowers." Sherlock smiled. Hannah fell silent, but she refused to smile at his words. "Then when you got a bit older, you had a whole wall filled with ripped out pages of your favorite books, books in which you annotated. You were so young, yet so smart." He was trying go relive old memories together, and she was not having it, since she couldn't even recall half of what he said. It was so long ago, how would she be able to remember?