twelve

tw: panic attack

CHAPTER TWELVE:

[ o12. change occurred. ]

HANNAH USED TO think that Ferndell was her home, but really, it had been this small bookshop. The one owned by a short blonde girl with a very overbearing and controlling side. Come to think of it, after leaving and finally coming to the realization that she never truly had a Mom or sister, she never thought she'd never find a real home again. Yet here she was, more happy than she ever could've imagined, with no Mom or sister. She laughs at the saddening thought, if someone had told her there was even a possibility she was living without them, she would've gone mad. She cared so much for them then, yet they never cared for her the same.

Thankfully, Hannah met someone who taught her everything she needed to know about what family truly was.

"Can you take care of the shop while I go check up on William?" Charlotte came up out of nowhere. She was managing the front, while Hannah was stuck cleaning up peoples messes, again. She wasn't happy about that.

It was eleven in the morning, pretty late for someone to be asleep, especially since he was supposed to open the shop this morning.

"Don't worry about it," Hannah regretted saying it the instant it came out of her mouth. By the look on Charlotte's face, she noticed it too. "I could do it." Charlotte gave Hannah a questioning look, it said, i don't believe you. But Charlotte didn't say anything, she simply just watched as Hannah started towards the stairs.

As soon as Hannah started making her way up the stairs, she suddenly felt the weight of her shoes like they were keeping her from going inside of Williams bedroom. She began to think about how the impossible was finally happening. She was going to be friendly to William, of all people. After all the damaged he had caused Charlotte, she was just going to forgive him? The weight simply went away as she thought about how she was doing it for her best friend. Because if it wasn't for Charlotte, Hannah would do just as before, ignoring his existence or being rude to him.

Hannah didn't know where her protectiveness came from, but she'd always been like that, especially when it came to the people she held dearly.

Charlotte loved Hannah's loyalty, but not in this instance. She's told Hannah multiple times to let her hatred go, for there was no need for it. Seemingly, Hannah didn't let it go, how could she? William was no where near being a good brother, and his polite smile and stupid hair wasn't going to make him such.

Hannah has always seen Charlotte as forgiving as a dog after getting handed a treat. William could wash the dishes after doing a despicable thing and Charlotte would simply forgive him.