Chapter 1: Another Hunt

We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood...
++

Two weeks. Two weeks has left since the two immortals felt two massive magic clashes somewhere on Remnant. The first one is a magic they familiar with, magic from the Brother of Gods and the other one felt...ancient, cold and dark.

After an hour, they only felt one magic. The old one. What is happening in Remnant?

++

A head flew in the air with it's eyes stared blankly at the night sky. The Hunter, Nathaniel Venatores-if that was his real name was-dodged an attack from another bandit.

Slamming his curved sword to a bandit, his cold heterochromiac eyes scanned at the remaining bandits.

Yangking his sword from the corpse he darted forward, his blunderbuss barked, destroying a bandit's face. With one quick swipe, he cut another bandit in a half.

Glancing his eyes at the tent, he attached his curved sword to a folded staff on his back transform it into a scythe. Entering the tent, he was greeted by an unpleasant view.

A chained naked Faunus woman and his prey, Jeremiah Rizal who holding an assault rifle pointed at him. Nathan didn't say anything instead, he dashed at the bandit and with one quick sweep motion he bisecting his head from his shoulder.

Picking the head of his prey, the Hunter smiled under his mask, admiring it like some kind of a trophy before putting it in a ransack along with three other heads there inside. Clipping the ransack on his back, he looked at the Faunus.

Looking at the chained faunus, he only shook his head. There are some bruises on her naked body, meaning that she was used for 'fun'. She didn't even looked at the Hunter when he approach her, she only stared blankly at the floor.

Sighing, he cut the chains from her hands and threw a blanket that covered her body. Her dull blue eyes slowly look up on the man who picked her. She only find a face covered in leather mask and wide brimmed hat, the only visible from his face are his terrifying black and red eyes.

Two weeks has passed since he arrived in Remnant and confrontation with two beings who called themselves Brother of Gods. He almost killed them before they ran away.

The Hunter scoffed, they said they don't like it when a god came to their world but they abandoned it. Hypocrates and stupid gods.

++

Vlak was a village located in the southern part of Vale. At the west, deep in the woods stood the Hunter's Workshop. Opening the door of the guild, Nathan felt every eyes landed on him especially the bloody ransack on his hand. He ignored it and walked towards the front desk.

"I have a bounty," His raspy and cold voice said to the Guild Girl or woman who he learned that her name was Katherine Kurt. he put the ransack in front of her, she slowly opened it before her face turned into green and rushed to the bathroom.

Whispers filled the room, mostly of how brutally he murdered these bandits. Thanks to his mask that covered his lower face, everyone in the room would be terrified by his grim smile.

For a week, he worked as a mercenary on the guild and he's been called the Bloody Man or the Butcher. "S-Sir, y-you should know, you didn't need to use t-their heads as a p-proof."

Blinking, he looked down at the Katherine who came from the bathroom. "It's the only way to proof that the threads are slaughtered."

She want to argue but his terrifying eyes made her sunk in her seat. "I also found a woman," Katherine slowly look up to the man, "Used by them."

"O-oh we was informed shortly after before you came in."

Nodding his head, Nathaniel counted the Liens on his gloved hands before putting it under his tattered caped coat. He tip hat at her and walked towards the door.

"Wait," Nathan stopped at his tracks. "What is your name? I need to fill the reports for a man who completed the bounty." Now that makes him think again, he never give them his name for a week.

Turning his head, his eyes landed on hers, "Call me Hunter."

So here we are, the remake of Another Hunt.

I know it's a small chapter but, my goal is I post this before the end of September.

The Hunter wore Old Hunter Set and his weapons are Burial Blade or Amygdala slayer and Hunter Blunderbuss

And also its almost 3pm so okay.

And my chair is killing me