•TWENTY-ONE•

Aditya was driving towards the cafe where they'd planned to meet.

"Ye! And if Mr. Richard's family wants to come to Mumbai, then book the flights...And thank you for handling everything." Aditya said before cutting the call and then dialled Zoya's number but she didn't pick up.

He reached the cafe and checked but she wasn't there.

"Ah!" He covered his eyes in disappointment before getting back into his car and driving off.

Zoya was slowly walking towards her building, her usual cheerful face wasn't cheerful but upset. She tried hard but couldn't hold her tears and her eyes brimmed. She thought herself to be a fool for thinking that a man like Aditya could be 'the one'. She was a fool to have over-evaluated their relationship. It felt like as if reality hit her hard and brought her out of the pink world she was entering in.

As she walked further in the lonely night, a lonely night and a broken heart what a lovely combination, the writer in her got no chill , she was paving her way out to deal with those emotions, she wiped her tear and noticed a car at the entrance.

"Aditya!" She recognised.

Aditya came out of the car when he saw her coming.

"Zoza vo..." He reached her.

"Tum is waqt yahan kya kar rahe ho?" She was annoyed.

"Main apna promise pura karne aya hoon."

"Promise 4 baje milne ka tha, it's 9:30 right now." She rolled her eyes in total disinterest.

"I know...Zoza, I am so sorry. Main ek bohot zaroori kaam main phas gaya tha."

"Par tum kam se kam ek message toh kar hi skte the na?"

"I know it's my fault...I really am very sorry."

"Whatever it is..just let that be...Ab tum bas jaao.." she tried ending the conversation.

"Zoza, tum gussa ho? Main sach main sorry feel kar raha hoon..." He noticed that she was still upset.

"Gussa toh nahi hun...par accha toh bilkul bhi nahi lag raha."

"...chalo kuch khaane chalte hain. Tumhara mood bhi theek ho jayega."

"Kya zaroorat hai ...rehne do"

"Zaroorat hai... tumhara mood theek karna hai...Chalo ab...mere paas zyada time nahi hai"
He held her hand to take her with him but she resisted.

"Kisi paas time nahi hota..." She stopped him. "Time nikaalna padta hai Aditya."

"I said I am sorry....kaam sach main urgent tha..varna main aisa kyun karta?"

"Phone kyun band kar rakha tha tumne?"

" Band kiya nahi tha....Vo cabin main hi tha bs...main check nahi kar paya.."

"Kaam tha tumhe isliye tum cabin main nahi the?"

"Han..." He was interrupted due to a call from Saatvik.

"You really are very busy.." she said looking at the call without any expression and started to walk off but he held her wrist to stop her and picked up the call.

"Han?.....Is baare main general manager se baat ki?...okay... I'll be there by 10 p.m...." he talked on the call.

" Tum jao..kaam hai tumhe..." She again headed to go but he didn't let her.

"Bohot urgent hai...varna main nahi jata... Main aaj raat ko call pe sab samjha dunga..."

"Kya zaroorat hai uski?...is week ki meetings ho toh gayi. We're supposed to meet at certain times until the deadline, tum nahi aa paye...kyu  nahi aa paye, mera mood kharab hai ya nahi...ye sab baatein zaroori nahi hain."

"Ye sab zaroori nahi hai?" He said after a pause of uneasiness. He felt wierd when she said all of that.

"Hai kya? We ain't together Aditya, we don't love each other. Toh in sab ka kya matlab banta  hai? Mujhe koi explanation nahi chahiye. Next week milte hain...bye.."

"Zoza.." he tried to stop her but she walked towards her house.

Aditya stood there for a moment and watched her go.

~~

The Next day.
Aditya tried calling her but she didn't pick up.

He talked about Mr. Richard to the employee and made sure he was fine and comfortable.

"Do you have any idea who did that?" Grandfather asked Aditya as they stood in the garden of their house.

"Investigation chal rahi hai...jo bhi pata chalega a, I'll inform you. Mujhe nahi lagta ki ye kisi ne sirf mazak ke liye kiya hai. Koi jaan boojh ke problems create Karna chah raha hai."

"What makes you think so?"

"Main apne hotel ke security details aapse kyun share karun?" He said making his Dadu chuckle.

"Fine! Kisi pe shaq hai?"

"Han...hai toh..."

"Kaun?"

"I think aap..."

"Hain??" He widened his eyes in shock and disbelief.

"Han...Mera hotel bohot popular hai, Aap shayad use hadapne ki koshish kar rahe hain taaki vo HH group ke under aa jaye. But aisa kuch nahi hone wala...main aapko bata doon." He looked at him before walking off, leaving his Dadu who couldn't control his laughter.

Aditya his smile while walking away.

He again tried calling Zoya but she didn't pick up.

Zoya was working on the venue with her team which has Josh and Kshipra as well.

She checked her phone when it rang.

Aditya's missed calls.

She excused herself to a quiet corner just then the phone rang again. Before she could pick it up, she bumped into a girl who was probably the family member and her phone fell a distance apart.

"I am so sorry.." she said to which Zoya just replied "it's okay" with a faint smile.

She picked up her broken phone in distress. It was damaged. Zoya leaned back to the wall cupping her eyes.

"I don't want all this to happen.." she breathed.

~~~

I know this one's a bit short ....but I'll post next asap.

Since I haven't proofread this...Sorry for any typos and mistakes.

Thanks for reading 🙂.

Do comment down your views ☺️☺️🌺.