prolougue

Prologue

Ill use the monsters live stupidly long headcanon

:quotes:

'thinking'

"talking"

Everything else.

_____________________________________

It was the evening and it was quickly getting dark, quite deep in snowdin forest a portal the size of three people silently opened. It seemed to lag and glitch and barley kept a consistent shape and soon out of it a quite tall skeleton emerged "thanks error! I'll try to visit more often!" he promised waving behind him as he stepped onto the cold snow. There was no verbal response from the monster on the other side of the portal. And just as suddenly as the portal opened it closed leaving not a single trace of its existence behind. The skeletons smile changed into a neutral face as he sighed. 'well home sweet home' he thought as he showed his hands into his hoodies fluff filled pockets and started a brisk pace back to his base. The snow under him crunched quietly almost inaudibly as he weaved between the tall dark tress that grew densely together in that particular area of the woods.

When he was about half way there he heard something. Being hunted for as long as he was, he easily distinguished the noise - a footstep. He focused more on the noises around him and Soon he could hear many sets of quiet footsteps around him. He glanced around not moving his head trying to spot whoever was following him as he steered off course of his base-whoever was following him he didn't want them to know where he lived. Soon the noises became more spread out and slightly closer though Ganz still couldn't see anyone, he could though hear soft puffs of breath and shuffling he even heard a small stick crack and the noise of someone whispering. Then he noticed that there was a clearing up ahead.... not good...for the ones following that is. stepping into the vaguely circular clearing he stopped in his tracks once he was a bit away from the tree covered area. Turning around he looked at the direction he heard the noises most recently from "I know you're there!" he yelled loudly.

the winds howling was the only response ganz got as he stared ahead carefully looking in the dark shadows cast by the tall trees. And in one of the shadows that was cast by a pine tree he saw movement, noticing that he immediately summoned a row of sharp bone attacks in the air and swiftly fired them with a wave of his hand purposely making them slower than his normal ones. A surprised yelp came from the shadow and a guard dog jumped out just nearly avoiding the dangerous attacks. The canine looked quite scared as they tripped over their own legs and tumbled to the ground their armor clanking loudly. They trembled holding themselves up on their shaky arms as they gulped. They tore their terrified gaze from the attacks wich where imbedded in the tree and turned to look at ganz fur ruffled and tail firmly between their legs. And Just like that multiple guard dogs jumped from the shadows or from behind trees one appeared from a hole in the ground. Two scruffy looking deltas immediately lunged at ganz with as much force as they could muster. the skeleton just smiled and summoned a bone that was sharp on one side and blunt on the other and slammed it against the side of the staller one's head with a lot of force- ganz has been fighting for years he has some mussle or well bone? How does that work? anyways. Ganz smiled wider as he heard a crack noise-he wasn't enjoying the dogs possible pain it was just his natural reaction to injury or streasfull situations- They didn't even get a chance to yelp as they flew to the side crashing into the snow and rolling a few times before they stilled leaving a sparce trail of blood. ganz could see their chest rising and falling so he was sure they weren't dead just knocked out or at the very least stunned. The next one was just a few centimeters away from ganz and the skeleton knew he wouldn't be able to smack them as he did with the other so instead, he positioned the now slightly bloody bone in his grasp so the pitch-black dog would bite it instead of the skeleton. When said dogs' teeth closed around the bone with a sickening cracking noise, he used the momentum of the others lounge to move them in an arch and slam them onto the slightly softened via snow ground behind him. the dog dazed laid in their spot breath effectively knocked out of them mouth open and eyes wide in surprise. The canid let out a startled pained noise as ganz summoned multiple short sharpened bone attacks that he proceeded to shoot them into the other monster. Said monster shouted in pain as the attacks easily sunk into their stomach and chest like a knife through butter. Ganz turned his attention to the three dogs left. The dog that avoided his attacks earlier was still on the ground completely frozen in place ganz would bet money that that one would bolt the moment he attacked again. 'probably new recruits' the skeleton noted looking at the three dogs' sashes which where dark purple and held no white stripes signaling their omega status "hehehe you all really need to stop trying that" he said "I mean c'mon its been what fifty? Sixty? Years you really need to give up. with all the preaching Asgore does about how the population is so low you would think he wouldn't waste that many lives on a random criminal" he smiled "or was that decision made by my brother? Couse that would make a lot more sense". Ganz ducked and the white dog with black moon shaped markings under the eyes that had attempted to lounge at him from behind slammed into the ground in front of ganz. The white coated monster spun around and hastily jumped onto her paws so fast that you would miss the fact she ever fell. Her lips curled revealing her sharp and clean fangs and the skin on her muzzle wrinkled as she stared at the skeleton with pure hatred. "alpha! Long time no see!" ganz smiled looking at the slightly taller monster that he knew quite well. "so, is papyrus showing up as well? You don't usually stray that far from him. But then again you are his precious mate after all" that last sentence was a lie but dam it ganz would take any opportunity to annoy the enemy. the alpha dog whose name ganz never actually learned growled her ears pinned to the back of her head "HOW DARE YOU!" she snarled fur raised and tail wagging slowly and threateningly. "I'm gonna take that as a yes." Ganz shrugged and as the dog prepared to lounge at him again reading her claws and maw. Unfortunately for her ganz was faster and with a snap of his fingers he instantly disappeared with a small distinct popping sound leaving a very angry and frustrated dog behind.

Ganz sighed tiredly as he appeared back where he was before he wearied off course to throw the guards off. He was already excused from helping nightmare essentially babysit his gang, preventing fights and generally not sleeping and teleporting took a lot of the little energy he had left. Ganz rubbed his dry eyes which had noticeable bags under them as he started his now way harder trek back home not noticing snowflakes that has begun to fall threateningly fast nor did he notice the silver neckless that suddenly appeared around his neck that had a stylized wolfs head on it.

________

Ganz cursed himself for letting his guard down for a second. Because in that second a what the monsters in snowdin referred to as a :surprise snowstorm: hit with full force. The wind howled so loud ganzes ears rang as he squinted in an attempt to prevent the seemingly infinite waves of snowflakes from landing into his eyes. It was already completely dark out and that with the combination of the storm absolutely destroyed ganzes ability to see anything past his hands. He stumbled almost falling over trees roots or panicking that he had started to fall only to realize that he had stepped into a hole. He hoped that he was still walking in the right direction though considering his often-rotten luck that was quite unlikely. He sneezed as a snowflake fell into his nose hole and grumbled as he continued his journey rubbing his monster soul shaped nose with his gloved hand. Thankfully after spending a lot of time with cross he too started to dress like he was getting ready for a hike in Antarctica so the cold wasn't a problem at all- well except his front half of spine and lower ribs since like an idiot he decided to wear a dam crop top after lust got him invested in his fashion sense. He got an uneasy feeling and tensed as he continued to walk, it was a similar type of feeling you get when there is a person watching you. Something felt wrong but he just couldn't figure out what. He let out a loud high-pitched startled noise as he took a step and there was nothing under his foot. He easily lost his balance and fell but instead of landing in the fresh snow or slamming into rocks he just kept falling. He felt a pit in his stomach as he kept falling nothing but darkness around him.

And he kept falling

And falling

_______________________

So here's the short prologue.

Also ill write this in a hybrid stile so the third pov from a character......yeah suck at explaining.

By the way I have rewritten these two chapters since I had started them before I wrote a full plan for the first arc so yeah after writing the plan for said arc I have decided to well as I said, rewrite the chapters.