Sherlock: Table Manners

Thought of this request over breakfast this morning... Had to write it.

(Funny story: "This morning" was like six months ago, lol. That's how badly I am falling behind!)

~

"(Y/n) please," begged your friend Alice. "Just two hours, at most. It will be relaxing, chill, not high pressure at all."

"Any kind of date is high pressure," you argued. "Especially when I don't even know who it is I'm meeting!"

"His name is Leo. Just give him a chance! I wouldn't set you up with him if I didn't think it would work out."

"Fine," you grumbled, looking around the street. You and Alice were at your weekly spot, sipping morning beverages as hurried people walked by. "Do you happen to have a picture?" you asked, eyeing her as your sipped your flat white.

"Ah, no." You rolled your eyes in annoyance. "But," she continued, "he knows what you look like, and will most definitely meet you at the table."

"He knows what I look like, and he's still coming?"

"HA-HA, very funny," said Alice, fake laughing. "I forgot to mention your amazing, deprecating sense of humor to him. I'm sure he will really be attracted to that."

"People are, usually," you chuckled, butterflies of excitement beginning to rise in your stomach as you thought about tonight.

Alice typed on her phone before announcing to you: "Okay, it's on for 7:00pm at Crocker's."

~

Meanwhile in 221B Baker St, two men and one woman, all unknown to you, convened for a meeting of their own.

"Sherlock, please put the wooden stake down and listen to us."

"Sorry John, I mistaked your peakish features for that of a vampire. You really should make sure you're taking vitamins every day."

John rolled his eyes, and shook his head, motioning to Mary to take the floor before he strangled his best friend.

"Sherlock," Mary said, watching as the curly haired man put down the stake he had sharpened at that morning - he had almost just plunged into John's throat as they had walked through the door.

"Yes, Mary?" Sherlock asked, giving her his full attention with his clear blue eyes.

"We have a proposition," she said, smiling sweetly.

"Ah," he said, going to sit down at the desk and opening up his laptop. "No wonder you are broaching the question and not John. He feels his male dominance falters when put up against mine. And because you are the opposite sex and your female features are usually seen as softer, he thinks I may feel more prone to answer yes to whatever you have to ask me, like I may be more inclined to favor you because of your anatomy." He stopped typing for a second and turned to look Mary up and down. "But because you are married to my best friend and currently the host to a developing homosapien, I, for the record, feel no attraction towards you." He turned back towards the computer. "John would have had better luck asking me."

John and Mary madee eye contact, unsure of how to respond. But despite Mary's apparent unattractiveness, she continued on. "Sherlock, we want you to go on a date."

"The three of us just had dinner together last night and played a game of Scrabble. I thought it was quite fun." Sherlock momentarily glanced away from the computer and over to John. "Except for when John lost. He is quite the sore loser."

"Sherlock, you are a sore winner!"

"Hush," Mary said, sending a warning look towards John. "No, Sherlock, we mean a date with another woman. Tonight."