- 3 -

The next day, I woke up to the sound of my mom screaming on my ears, reminding how much a failure am I if I keep living my life how I wanted it to be. It has become my personalized alarm ever since I got into the university and kept on having bad grades. For my mom, B+ is an instant call for constant disciplining. Of course, I was the only one who went through it. My brothers never have grades below A, once Chin-Hwa got an A- and he cried for days. Just imagine that.

"YA EUN AE! wake up or you'll be late for your part-time job!" My mom shouted. I buried my head with my pillow to muffled her voice. I hate it that my mom couldn't accept the fact that being a journalist is my full-time job. There wasn't much of a difference between being a journalist and an electrical engineer in some company. I still got the money that I needed in order to live.

"Eomma, stop screaming, you're in my room already." I protested as I get up from my bed.

"And you're in my house, so you better obey the rules." She sassed back. "You should be grateful that I let you get that job when you could do a lot better than that."

I rolled my eyes when she walked out of my room. I remembered back in Australia, I had a friend come over to play and she had to hear the quarrel between me and mom. She thought my mom was actually this mean stepmom people read in Cinderella's story. Well, I told her that's just my mom being a normal mom. A few days after that, I got called by the guidance counselor and the woman told me that one of my friends reported about my situation in my house. I just laughed at her and told her the truth. Then I told Felix about it and it became our inside joke.

I took my towel and went straight to the bathroom. Ever since my brothers moved out of my parents' house, the second-floor bathroom became my second bedroom. Other than taking showers and do whatever other people do in a bathroom, I could spend almost two hours a day inside my bathroom just to find some inspirations. But when the whole family gathered up in this house, I couldn't even spend thirty minutes to take a shower.

After I took a brisk shower, I went back into my room to change my clothes. The thing I like the most about working as a journalist in a magazine company was the attire flexibility. I don't have to wear skirts and shirts every day. Today I picked to wear a pair of blue mom jeans with a white shirt that got the Kia Tigers logo on it. I took an old Adidas jacket that my dad gave me, in case it will be cold in the office. That jacket was black which was my favorite color and it was so comfortable.

I took my tablet with me instead of my laptop since it will be much lighter and it fitted for my sling bag. I packed my notebook and a few pens too. I snatched my phone from the bedside table and went downstairs.

I opened the fridge and took a bottle of yogurt. "Eomma! I'll be going now." I shouted to the air. She was probably outside watering the plants.

I walked towards the wooden shoe rack and took my white sneakers out. I slipped in it before I made my way out of the house. I could see my mom talking to the neighbor as she watered the plants. I tried to make no sound so she won't stop me and force me to eat breakfast first.

After a few minutes of walking, I reached the nearest subway station. I waited for the train for my usual route to the office. Even though I had my driver's license already, I still preferred on taking public transportation. Another reason was my parents won't buy me a car, they wanted me to save up and buy it myself.

I arrived at the office ten minutes earlier than I supposed to. It made me more relaxed knowing that I don't have to run for the morning meeting. Every two days in a week every division has to do morning meetings to talk about the tasks we'll be working on or an evaluation meeting. Today happened to be the evaluation meeting for my division. I know for sure my manager or the head division will evaluate me to death because of my report from the Olympic.