18

SPOILS OF WAR
— 18. Blood Eagle

 It wasn't long before Tova had learned the truth of why Finnr hadn't spoken to her in days

It wasn't long before Tova had learned the truth of why Finnr hadn't spoken to her in days. He had been avoiding her for a reason she so easily learned.

As she busted into the room Finnr was standing in, Tova picked up a nearby cup, growling as she threw it at him.

He quickly stepped back, smiling in amusement as he ducked to avoid getting hit with the next object she threw at him. "You bastard!" She yelled at him angrily, "Did you have sex with that slave girl?"

"Yes," Finnr answered in a calm tone, earning a glare from Tova, "I had sex with her."

Tova glared at Finnr hatefully, picking up another object before she threw it at him. "It was once," He answered truthfully but clearly, it didn't make it better in Tova's eyes.

Tova went to swing at Finnr, only to have him grab her wrist to stop her. He grabbed her by the arms next before pinning her to the wall. She growled, attempting to fight back but she found herself unable to. "Are you done?" He asked her in a calm tone and she hatefully glared at him.

"Not even close," She snapped at him in a low tone.

"I don't love her. I love you," He pointed out as he placed a hand on the side of her face, "I will always love you and no one else. It meant nothing. I swear it. And it will not happen again."

"I don't believe you," She growled at him lowly.

"How can I make you let this go?" He asked her in a calm tone.

"Stop cheating," She answered in an obvious tone, "Stop having wandering eyes. Stop doing what you do."

"Done," Finnr replied without hesitation and Tova sighed, having the feeling she shouldn't believe him. He grabbed her by the waist, picking her up before he brought her over to the bed.

He placed her down on the bed and climbed on top of her.

Tova stared up at him, a pleading look as she placed a hand on the side of her face. "Never again."

"Never again," He repeated after her before he began to kiss down her neck.

_____

    It was afternoon time and outside, Bjorn walked up to Tova, who was sitting outside alone. He sat down beside her, a concerned look on his face. He removed his cloak and placed it over her shoulders, seeing as though she looked cold. "What is wrong? You look upset."

Tova turned to Bjorn, forcing a smile onto her face. "It's nothing," She assured him softly and Bjorn shook his head.

"It is clearly something," He complained, moving closer to her as he grabbed her hand, "What is troubling you?"