|DISCLAIMER/PROLOGUE|

HI!

*This book is mine.
Nice criticism allowed.
Comment vote and share*

All rights reserved 2020®

" I was raised like a man cause I was taught never to depend on one"

--------Mona

MONA'S POV
<~EDITED~>

My childhood was fairly good. Loving doting parents,went to a great school,had good grades,never failed at anything i found myself doing.

I was the perfect daughter to my father and that was all i wanted. And whatever I wanted, I got.

Taking over my father's company at the age of twenty one wasn't what many agreed on. But my father saw what other's didn't see in me. And that was him.

He saw himself in me and knew i was no less than having a son. I loved my father.

Living in Africa and not having a son could really be a problem. It was palpable. An unspoken rule by the universe. If one has not a son then he is as useless as having a daughter.

Whatever that means.

But my father has never taken this to heart. Knowing that a daughter is just as capable as a son.

And that's why all my life I've been bred for this. My parents made sure i was more than ready to take on the business world.

And I was. Taking the company to new heights. Making an even bigger name for my family.

My father had never been more proud.

I was glad.

That's it for my family. As for my love life. I used to think i scored at that too but i learnt i sucked at it the hard way.

I never thought my ex would lower his standards. I mean come on. I was beautiful,successful,intelligent,smart and did i mention beautiful?.

I didn't see the point in him cheating on me. I was the whole package.

Well. I ended it then and there.

I've always been in control and i wouldn't lose it anytime soon.

|<●>|

My eyes opened to the sun rays that seeped through my window. I yawned tiredly and stretched like a cat. I checked the time and it was 5am.

Barely slept three hours. I should be glad I slept at all. I needed to fix my sleep schedule. Did people with insomnia have sleep schedules?. I think not.

I slid out of my bed and got down on my knees beside my bed and said my prayers. After that i strutted to my bathroom and took my bath.

After my bath,i moisturized my skin and pulled on my outfit of the day. A black pencil skirt that stopped under my knee cap and a peach coloured chiffon button up,i tucked into the skirt.

I styled my knot less braids in a pony tail and did my makeup. A simple natural makeup look and coated my lips with red lipstick.