~|18|~

Mona (song:no crime by nonso amadi)
<~EDITED~>

The party was tommorow and we and by we I meant my marketing team were finally done with the preparations.

Sighing I got under my covers ready to sleep. I quickly opened my drawer and brought out the sonogram.

This picture as much as it sounds dumb. It gives me peace. My baby makes me relax.

I fell asleep with the sonogram still in my hands, praying for my baby and me.

The next day I didn't bother waking up early. I slept through till 12pm. The party starts at 1:30 so I had about an hour to get ready.

I whipped up a meal consisting of eggs and toast (even though it was noon) and a cup of hot cocoa.

I shaved and took a quick shower before shimming into my wide leg pallazu pants and an off shoulder mini top.

I put my natural hair in an afro style then put on my sandals. I couldn't wear heels. I did a smokey eye makeup and red lips before grabbing my purse.

I walked out of my house locking the door before entering my car. I parked outside the venue.

I recognized the music playing as one of fela's. Immediately I stepped into the party I gasped.

It had absolute 80s vibe to it. Everyone was dressed in a 80s outfit (it actually looked funny with some afro's being wigs the men wore) but I didn't laugh. At least on the outside. On the inside I was in a fit of giggles.

It seemed like everyone was here before me. My parents were even already dancing to the music.

My dad had a wig on too. I couldn't help the amused smile I let out. I walked up to them breaking them apart before giving them hugs and kisses.

I left them to continue dancing. I walked around greeting the guests and thanking them for attending. Some of my other buissness partners attended too and I greeted them.

"Mona" Amara called and i turned around looking for the sound.

I found her and She was with Michael. At this point I didn't care. I never really did.

"What?" I asked.

She slipped her hands into Michael's, and rubbed his chest with her other hand. I frowned slightly.

"We're together now just wanted to know if you have a problem" she sassed.

"Oh. No problem at all. I don't care" I gave them the bored--est look I could give.

Michael looked surprised. And I almost snorted. What was he expecting? That i run into his arms begging for him to take me back? He must really be de.ented then.

"Since there's nothing else you want to say I'll take my leave now" I said and left.

I met with kath and we talked before my parents whisked me away to talk to someone else.

I didn't need rocket science to Know that I was being introduced to hakeem oluseyi.

I didn't smile just nodded in greeting. He wore the cliché glasses but He was dressed like everyone else too.

My parents excused themselves leaving Hakeem and I alone. I didn't hold in my eye roll.

"So eh. What's the product you guys are launching today?" He asked.

I stared at him. Hakeem wasn't bad looking. He was actually really handsome with creamy brown skin,pink lips and left dimpled cheek.

"It will be introduced soon"I answered Curtly.