Letter to Parents

Dear Parents:

Hello! Your student is in splendid hands in my classroom, and you will find the outline as to how I will help your all-star student prepare for moving into third grade. I'm sure you will find this information incredibly useful when helping your child with at-home assignments! You will be amazed at home much your child will learn this year- with your help.

Ways to help your child

v Staying involved in your child's education is important to a successful year. When asking your child how their day was, try to engage them by saying things like, "Oh I see you're learning about .... What did you find out about it?" I will be sending weekly newsletters detailing our activities to the email address you provided with me at the beginning of the first day.

v Your child will need a snack packed separately from their lunch, labeled and in a clear container with their name on it.

v Your child will need their backpack every day, with a large number of writing utensils, crayons, a plastic ruler, ruled notebook paper, construction paper, and two three-ring binders.

v Your child will receive a seatwork packet and a homework packet every Monday. Please check your child's agenda for homework and make sure their work is completed by Friday each week.

v In addition to our homework packets, report cards will be sent out periodically, and parent-teacher conferences will occur. Regarding meetings, I am available via email at {insert email}, and I am available to meet at your convenience. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at any time and I will respond as soon as possible.

I look forward to a wonderful school year with your all-star student in my classroom! Here's to wishing us all a wonderful year of growth and learning!

Ms. Davis