Chihayafuru Part 4

It was Ayata's and Taichi's last year of studying medicine. Ayata was specialising in eye conditions, treatment and surgery. Taichi was specialising in plastic surgery. All medical students had to travel to different hospitals around Japan to complete their training. Though, just because they graduated didn't mean they had finished, they still had years of internship ahead before they could operate in their own right, but first they had to graduate.

Taichi had been lucky in that he was still posted in Tokyo, Ayata was not. He was posted to the teaching hospital furthest from Tokyo.

Chihaya was not impressed by this at all as it meant that Ayata and her could not be together for the 2 months that the prac ran for. She had been a teacher at Mizusawa high now for 3 years, teaching and encouraging students but most of her passion was for the Kurata club and those students. Taichi and Ayata were often roped into helping the students become a great team. Because of her position she was unable to go with Ayata.

Chitose was informed by her director that she was required to act in the same area that Ayata had to go to. After discussing the situation between the couples, it was decided that Chitose and Ayata would share expenses and hire a 2-bedroom apartment for the time. They often ended up hanging out together either because of Kurata or being relatives.
Chihaya expressed her worry privately to Ayata that she didn't know how she was going to go without him as she liked her married life routine with him.

Ayata thought that they should be able to cope as they had for years prior to being married.

"I'm not so sure Ayata! I didn't know the pleasure that we share now, then. Nor did you!"

"I guess, we do tend to be passionate after our games" he said smiling.

"Passionate...very" said Chihaya smiled kissing him."I don't think that I will be able to play Kurata for a while or I will be so hungry for you it wouldn't be funny....
But that would not be fair to anyone else..."

The reason why Chihaya was worried was because every time that she or Ayata played Kurata both needed to make love after and so they did. This was something that they continued to do all through their lives.

However, Chihaya had to stay and Ayata had to go, needless to say both found it extremely difficult to be away from the other. Each night, the pair would call and talk.

About the month mark, both made a mistake, not a bad one in the bigger picture, but a mistake nonetheless. Ayata woke, half asleep, wondered out to the kitchen, to see what he thought was Chihaya in the kitchen facing the bench. He went over hugged Chitose and kissed her hungrily, "I missed you Chihaya " he murmured.

By then Chitose had reacted, because of her job she had initially went along with it, pushing Ayata away, "Get yourself together, Ayata, " she said sternly "I am not Chihaya. "

Ayata went white then blushed in embarrassment, took a rather large step backwards, bowed, and apologized for his behaviour and left for his room. He was so mortified that he buried his head in his pillow and groaned. After a while he thought he would ring Chihaya and tell her of his mistake only to have her call come through at the same time. He picked up the call "Chihaya?"

He heard crying on the other end.

"Chihaya, what's wrong?" He asked in concern.

"I-I'm sorry Ayata...I failed you." She wailed.

"How? I can't imagine you ever failing me. Not to mention I just failed you."

"I was playing Kurata with Taichi and I got so excited that I forgot that I was not playing you and I kissed him before I knew it. He was gentle about rejecting me but the fact is I kissed him.... I miss you so much"