Birthday

It was Saturday. You had been with Rossi planning where all of the decorations. food and entertainment would be set up.

You were sitting on your couch, texting Rossi about some final touches, and Emily walked in.

"Hey. Morgan asked if I wanted to get a drink. Do you want to come?" She asked.

"No. I'm good. I'm a little busy, but some other time!" You said shakily, almost blowing your cover.

Emily furrowed her eyebrows, knowing something was probably up, but she shrugged it off. " Alright then, I'll see you later." 

"See ya." You called out.

After she left, you got your clothes ready for the party. A slick black blazer, a white shirt underneath, straight cut dress pants, and your best dress shoes.

You packed them in your car and headed to Rossi's mansion.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Why'd you ask if I wanted to get a drink?" Emily questioned.

"Everyone else was busy, and I wanted a drink," Morgan replied.

Emily squinted her eyes, skeptical of Morgan's answer.

"What?" Morgan asked.

"I don't know. Y/n is acting a little off. I can't put my finger on it though." Emily uttered.

"Oh. Did you ask her if anything was wrong?" Morgan spoke looking concerned. Knowing his acting skills were better than anyone knew.

"No, I didn't want to bother her. She looked busy." Emily verbalized.

Morgan nodded, and he looked down at his phone as he got a message from Rossi, telling him they were all set up at the party.

"Rossi wants us all to come over for dinner, he says he got some tequila." 

"Ohh I'm down. Let's go." Emily nearly shouted.

Morgan text Rossi that they were leaving.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Places everyone! They are almost here!" You yelled and began waving your arms, pointing to where everyone was supposed to be.

Rossi went out front wait for Morgan and Emily. Penelope hid by the food, JJ hid behind the huge "Happy Birthday" sign, Spencer went beside the tree that was near the party area. Everyone else ducked behind the various chairs and balloons. You stood in the middle of the dance floor that Rossi rented.

Everybody heard Morgan's car pull up in the driveway, and looked around at everyone else hiding and smiled, whispers began to grow louder.

"Shhhhhh! She's coming." You whispered back.

After a few minutes, you heard Rossi opened the door to his backyard, and saw Emily looked confused. Then...

3.. 2.. 1..

"SURPRISE!" Everyone screamed.

Emily looked baffled, and she smiled. She then locked eyes with you and blushed.

"All of this for me?" Emily announced.

Rossi put his hand on her shoulder, "Of course. Shall we eat?"

Everybody nodded and started to form a line for food.

You stood back. and stared around at everything you and Rossi put together. "You did good kiddo," Rossi said while turning towards you. 

"I couldn't have done it without you."

"That's true." He remarked.

Both of you chuckled, and he motioned you to go get something to eat.

Each person grabbed their entree and sat.

There was a lot of laughing, telling jokes, and smiling. Soon enough, plates were empty, and some filed to put their plates on the cart for dishwashing. 

"I'll be right back!" Emily roared out. She ran inside, presumably to go to the bathroom.

Rossi thought that, and he went and waited outside of the bathroom Emily was in.

"Woah-" Emily pronounced when opening the door and seeing Rossi there. 

"You know, Y/n set all of this up." 

"Really?" she stated.

"Yes. Y/n came to me with the idea." Rossi replied. He hesitated slightly, "You know, she really loves you." 

Emily blushed again, "I know."

"What are you going to do about it?"

Emily stood there in silence for a few moments and knew. She turned and went back out, to see you standing in the middle of the dance floor with a microphone.

"Emily, I am so glad you are back, everyone here is. We also wanted to say happy birthday, and that we love you so much. So, this song is for you." You conveyed.

You gave the microphone back to the DJ, and a song began playing. It was the slowed version of "Birthday" by Katy Perry.

Both you and Emily beamed, and she walked onto the floor, and others followed after her.

Went around the whole floor, dancing to the song you had picked just for her. She spent a bit of time with the others on the team, and people who she knew from somewhere else.

She finally made her way over to you, as the song went " Big- big- big- balloons." Then the beat dropped, and she grabbed your hands and you both began dancing and jumping around. You started to sing the song to her, just loud enough for you to hear it. She smiled when she heard your voice

"Happy birthday."

The song was over, and Emily let go of your hands and grabbed your cheeks, she pressed her lips against yours. She felt the corners of your mouth turn up as you kissed her back. Emily pulled you closer, and you wrapped your arms around her sides. The feeling was amazing. You had wanted this for so long, your heart was beating out of your chest.  

You could feel that everyone's eyes were turning towards you and Emily, but you didn't care. You wanted to stay like this forever. Eventually, Emily pulled back. 

"I am in love with you"

Those words made your limbs feel numb, but it was okay, you were in love with someone who loved you just as much,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you enjoyed it! This chapter didn't actually turn out as good as I hoped. I'm so sorry if something didn't make sense, or it seemed rushed. Let me know some ideas about where I could take this because I'm not sure what to do next. Thanks!