"Sleep Is For The Weak (But The Strong Need It, Too)" Hurt/Comfort

!WARNING!
Implied thoughts of murder, nightmares, etc. ALSO I LET THEM SWEAR BECAUSE IM NOT A COWARD

"You're hovering," Tigress growls, low and dangerous. She has no real intention  of hurting him and even if she wanted to, her claw-gloves are sitting on the nightstand, not on her person.

That doesn't mean she's not happy when Player takes a good few steps back from the hotel bed, stammering out a quick," Sorry!"

She grumbles and turns back towards her pillow, intent on getting  a full night's rest before they have to try to get through half of America with both VILE and ACNE - ACME? However you pronounce it - hunting them. Whatever, but beauty sleep was essential for such an endeavour.

Is that what she gets to do? No!

Because that fucking crotch goblin she abandoned VILE for keeps ambling around, pacing and shifts and definitely intentionally being loud. The thought crosses her mind that she's used to VILE operatives who've been trained to be silent and deadly. There might just be some kind of learning curve for her there but, still, all of this is just plain stupid, because literally anybody in the world is probably quieter then him. It's annoying, to say the least.

And, unsurprisingly, he doesn't stop. Not for more then a few seconds at a time anyway.

So, Tigress waits, and listens, one of her hands balling into a fist against the pillow. Her annoyance building in her. Eventually, Player steps closer to Tigress, and she cracks an eye open.

He's fidgeting, she can tell that even though the hacker's Back is turned away from her, but, magically, she doesn't care. She lifts her head and chucks the pillow at him.

Her aim isn't the best, and she shut her eyes again after launching the deadly soft projectile, but Player lets out a ridiculously loud yelp, followed by a thump as he – presumably – looses his footing and hits the floor. Tigress smirks.

"What was that for?!" He yells, which Tigress prays isn't loud enough to be heard through their door.

She stops smirking and sits up on her remaining pillows. "I was hoping it'd knock you unconscious," Tigress informs, glancing down at where the little demon landed. He's on the ground, sitting up with a firm grip on her pillow and glaring. Well, it's really an overstatement to call it a glare, because Player's about as scary as a puppy on helium.

"Dick," She hears the boy mutter on the floor, though, even Tigress can tell his heart isn't in the insult.

"Goblin," Tigress hisses back, just in time to have the pillow thrown back at her face. She catches it -because of course a trained operative could catch a damned pillow, even if the person throwing it has shit aim – and sends a glare of her own back down at the boy.

He flinches. Like actually flinches. And- hell, she really needs to learn how not to absolutely terrify him if she's going to be working with him until they can get to Blacksheep.

Tigress sighs, looks back down at him and settles for," Go to sleep." Just before she buries her head in her pillow, she spots Player nodding in the corner of her eye.

Blissfully, he's silent long enough for Tigress to drift off to sleep.

—-

Carmen doesn't let her in.

Player fucking promised she would, the little liar.

She flicks a finger, feels sharp claws extend out of her gloves, and steps forward.