Chapter 3: What peers taught at school!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I think men who can cry are strong men."
~James Frey

"Real men cry and they are not afraid to show it."
~Rafaella Hadj

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Evan:

I walked my way to school. I chose to wear a black, full-sleeved turtle-neck to hide my bruises. I worked on my emotionless mask as the calm breeze from the trees helped me quieten the storm inside me. It was my senior year... my last year at school. 

I wiped a stray tear as I dreaded that they were going to keep me like this even after finishing school. They may even make it my full-time job. Now, I could get away from them for a while by giving them an excuse that I want to attend classes. Luckily for me, they let me do so. Maybe they wanted the neighborhood to believe that I was having a normal life.

I made my way inside the campus as I practiced on an artificial smile. I spotted Anish down the corridor near my locker. 

I put up my practiced smile as I greeted him, "Hey!"

He grinned, "Hey bro! How are things going on?"

I nodded, "Going good!"

Anish looked proud, "That's my man. Handling issues like a man and not crying like a baby."

His words hit me hard just as it did every time he said that. I felt the bruises inside my shirt as I moved. I smiled tightly, "That's right."

I still remember it like it was yesterday. After years of torture, there came a day when I broke and told my friends about what went on at home. I told them how the police were bought with money. But, it was shocking how they responded to it.

"Damn... That's horrible. Don't ever tell anyone else what you've told us. They won't be just as kind!"

"Lucky you! Do you enjoy it? You do, don't you? I can see right through your lie!"

"Don't tell me that you were forced into it by a woman. That's just impossible and bullcrap!"

"Be a man! You're eighteen. You aren't supposed to be crying over this shit. You either fight them or just use it for your pleasure... Don't be such a pussy!"

"What do you mean by 'I can't fight them'! I ain't gonna listen to your shit anymore. Don't go around telling this to people. They'll only insult your masculinity and bully you." 

I walked into my class and sat down as I thought over it. They never let me tell them anything more. I never got to tell them that they had my sister. I never got to show them my bruises that were intelligently inflicted only on my torso. They were always careful not to bruise my face. After that incident, I backed out and put up a mask... too scared to express. It's been a year since that.

After going through my classes, I made my way to the cafeteria for lunch. I sat down with my 'friends' and pulled out my lunch box. I quickly ate my lunch. I always ate despite not having an appetite because I'm going to need it to survive. 

I'm still hanging on to that small string of hope that someday I will be rescued from this. Someday, I will figure out where they've kept Hallie and somehow save us both. 

"ATTENTION STUDENTS! WE WILL BE HAVING OUR ANNUAL SPORT FUNCTION IN TWO WEEKS FROM NOW. THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE INTERESTED TO PARTICIPATE AND COMPETE, PLEASE MAKE YOUR WAY TO THE SPORTS ARENA. CLASSES ARE DISMISSED FOR THE REST. CLASSES WILL BE DISMISSED AFTER LUNCH EVERY DAY FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK."

I let out a breath of relief. I wasn't going to participate in any of that and my adoptive parents don't know that. I had time to myself.

"You gonna participate, bro?" Robert asked me.

I shook my head.

Anish frowned, "Are you kidding me? You do this every year... Skip sport and still manage to have that lean, smooth muscle. How do you do that?"

I sighed and shrugged. I have that 'lean, smooth muscle' because my adoptive parents make sure that I do. They want me to look attractive to their clients. They've made me work out, given me protein, and maintained my diet...

Soon, I walked out of the campus. I looked at the woods. I thought I could use some peace of mind...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Roxy:

I ran through the woods feeling the gush of wind and the beautiful earthy smell of the forest. Soon, I caught the delicious scent of a human. I stilled and smirked.

A guy trudged his way inside the woods. He hung a light backpack on his shoulders and wore a black turtle-neck shirt with blue denim pants and finished it with some sneakers. 

He stopped as if to breathe in the forest air. I caught a clear vision of his face. Damn! He was handsome. He had black hair and brownish-black eyes. I eyed his taut jaw and kissable lips. He wasn't buff or too huge. He was lean but had the right amount of muscle in the right places... The lean muscle.

The smell of his delicious blood made him irresistible. And just like that, I chose my next prey. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Ha! Well, Roxanna has found Evan.

Well, I wonder what going to happen... Lmaooo XD

Love,
Jahnavi...