Ch:35

A few years later

Jaden is in the kitchen cooking as he hears the front door open. Heavy footsteps could be heard throughout the house, it gets louder as it gets closer to Jaden, he turns towards the sound and sees the little girl with a bright smile. She rushes for a huge as Jaden knees to meet her high engulfing her into a huge.

"Can I have a hug too?"

The big bear in a suit asked in a sad voice. Jaden smiled and picked the little girl in his arms as he hugged Eric. Eric sneakily stole a kiss from Jaden's lips when the little girl was not looking. Jaden gave Eric a look of are you crazy but Eric being shameless winks at Jaden as he smiles brightly. Suddenly the doorbell rings and Eric leaves to open it, pecking Jaden one last time on his lips. Jaden sighs as he chuckles and looks at the girl smiling at him.

Jaden:
"I made your favorite Pineapple cake, want some?"

Jaden asked the little girl and the girl nodded in joy. Jaden chuckles and rubs their nose against each other and guides her to sit on the chair.

Cassandra and her fiance appear with Eric. She sees Jaden and hugs him then rushes towards the girl and sits beside her a pulls out a present and gives it to her, as her fiance passes the shopping bags to Jaden's.

Cassandra:
"Lily, Look what I got for you."

She says to the little girl in excitement. The girl takes the gift as she thanks her and starts unwrapping the gift. It was a beautiful shiny blue pendant. The girl loved the gift the Lady gave her and hugged her.

Cassandra:
"We brought everything we'll need for the get-together. I can wait to see everyone. It's almost about time, we should start the preparation ."

Jaden:
"Yes, but after y'all have the pineapple cake I made. Everyone, please have a seat."

Everyone took a seat as Jaden severed them pineapple cake.

••••••

Eric and Nate were setting up the table and the fire grills in the backyard as Cassandra and Lily were helping Jaden organize the meat and veggies on the barbecue stick.

The doorbell rang and Jaden rushed to open it, he saw the two beautiful ladies, Marceline, and Ivy were at the door in matching couple outfits. They gave him a big hug and he welcomed them in.

Cassandra saw the couple and hugged them as she greeted them and told them that she missed them.

She found out that Ivy was a teacher in the nursery school while Marceline was working as a flight attendant and we're living together.

The doorbell rang again and Jaden rushed to open it to find Emilio in a blue suit with his Raven dyed hair. He smiled at Jaden kindly as he asked him if Eric was treating him well or not. Both of them chuckled as they moved to the backyard.

Finally everyone we're present in the yard. They were an odd bunch of people, each with contrary personalities, yet we're able to adjust with each other.

White clouds filled the night sky. The chilly weather, warmed up by the bonfire as they roast the barbecue on the grill. The aroma of the rooster meat spread throughout the yard made everybody's mouth water. They sang songs as they enjoyed their meal through the night.

Everyone welcomed Lilly into their family showering her with a lot of love and gifts. She was beyond happy. She couldn't help but cry as everyone comforted her.

Her biological parents were Eric's cousin sister who left her in the care of their hands since she couldn't burden herself with an unwanted child but she couldn't abort it either.

Cassandra:
" let's have a family photo."

Everyone gathers in a line as Cassandra sets a timer and rushes towards the group. Lilly was no longer sad cause she found a new family and a place she could call home. She smiled for the camera as everyone said cheese!

Click~

_____________________________

•||Vote|Comment|Follow|•

_____________________________