Chapter 1: Void of Drugs

C L Y D E P E T R O V

My life isn't perfect, it never has been. At the very beginning of high school, I've felt insufficient. Don't get me wrong the students there were amazing but then, I met someone special, different, unique, rare, extraordinary, I could go on. Sounds normal right? But here's the crazy part:

I don't know who.

I barely remembered the euphoria, the elation, the friendship that I and this other person had during my first few years in high school, and that drove me crazy. I've become distant and anxious, knowing I don't know this person. It wasn't like any friendship though, it was special. I feel it in my gut and I just know that someone feels it too.

There's someone in my life missing, according to my memory, and' I don't know who.

"CLYDE, COME GRAB BREAKFAST BEFORE YOU'RE LATE!" Shouted my beautiful yet loud mother.

As I headed down my beautiful oak wood stairs I noticed that Claudia wasn't here, I'm not surprised she always arrives at the university earlier. I approached the kitchen table to noticed my mother put me and Claudia a new cover on our apartment table, it's bright blue. My mom put a vase of daisies in the middle.

Prompted me of the time my sister stole a bouquet of daisies from a flower shop when we were eight years old, she accused me and of course, my parents believed her. I was grounded for two weeks while she was shamelessly walked free outside, playing with her friends.

I shrugged the dreadful memory and sat down in the kitchen. "Good morning, mother, how was your sleep?" I tried to get a sentence in but her being the busy mother that she is, she's constantly on the run.

Claudia and I live by ourselves in our apartment but my parents have visited since we just adjusted. My little cousin, Anastasia, is in town and I needed to watch her, but I have an exam coming up so I'm not going to be able to keep her company. I don't trust Claudia with kids because one time we had to babysit a neighbors kid, Claudia lost him in the first 5 minutes. So I phoned my parents to keep my baby cousin company while I study.

"Good morning, it was good. I have to visit your grandma and grandpa in a few minutes! I'm already late, see you later мой ребенок (translation: my child) OH by the way Claudia left early because she remembered to finish a project with a friend, so you have to walk." As she told me her goodbyes, she kissed my head very quickly and dashed to her car. I sighed as I try to finish my breakfast as fast as I can so I could get to my university on time. The bell rings in 20 minutes and it's at least 15 minutes away.

As I made it to the university after my refreshing walk, I entered the hell entrance known as college (school in general). I quickly analyzed my surroundings and noticed my best friend, Bianca, and Grayson.

Bianca's been by my side since we were young, twelve, to be exact, we've become even closer when I've felt the abandonment issues arise due to the lack of commitment and communication in my family. She's always held up my guard while I took breaks. She's the definition of a true friend and I would never attempt to put our friendship in jeopardy.

Grayson, I just met him a few months ago. He's the captain of the soccer varsity team in our University. He's overly nice and sensitive but with his tough and stubborn personality, no one seemed to notice his softer side.

"AHHH YOU'RE HERE! I MISSED YOU!" She laughed giddily as I smile. I turned to hug her as tight as reasonable. I also hug Grayson and he hugged me back, if possible probably tighter.

Thankfully the school day has gone faster than expected. As I get up out of my last lecture, I walk toward the locker room and I see Bianca as she leaned against my locker. I sighed and began to feel anxious. I shrugged the feeling off and shuffled in her direction. I felt tense up with every step. I encountered her and noticed that she seems apprehensive...