Chapter 3: Memories of Midnight

You are now entering a flashback, precisely 3 years ago when Clyde was a sophomore in high school and Luther was a senior.

N A R R A T O R

"Luther, wait up! I can't run that fast!" Clyde complained to Luther, he laughed at Clyde's incapability in exercise or activities in general. Clyde began to feel offended by his laughing and grunted.

"Oh, come on it's funny!" Luther continued to snicker at Clyde's suffering and Clyde didn't necessarily like it. He crossed his arms and frowned.

"Whatever."

"Hey, I'm sorry."

"You owe me ice cream to make it up to me," Clyde demanded like a rebellious brat, Luther scowled but agreed regardless.

"Fine, Ice cream it is." Luther gives into Clyde's temptation. Clyde smiled as he redeemed himself. Luther rolled his pitch black eyes in return but they both end up in tears of laughter.

They both arrive at the abandoned park near their school. Still, late at night, almost midnight to be exact. They both meet at the abandoned park as their private place, especially when they're having bad days. That's evolving more often than usual because Luther's about to graduate. Therefore, Luther and Clyde don't waste any more time apart.

"Hey, Luther..."

"Yes, angel?"

"Why do you call me an angel? I just realized you've been calling me that for a long time now and I never questioned it, It's like I just went with it..." Clyde reminisced about all the moments Luther named him that nickname, angel (or angel eyes), and never once suspected it. Because of Clyde, it felt pleasant and normal to feel the significance of having a nickname from his best friend, Luther.

"I call 'angel/angel eyes' for many reasons." Luther began and faintly laugh to himself as he held Clyde's small and graceful hands. "I call you angel because you're delicate and pure. Your sanity and spirit are different from everyone else's, you care and you're smarter than you speculate and interpret." Luther softly clarified as he walks to the bench that was set in the middle of the park. He motions his hand for Clyde to sit next to him. Luther sets Clyde dangerously close to him, in a friendly way of course. Because they're "friends." Clyde smiled and leaned his head on Luther's shoulder.

"Not only that but you look like an angel. You have pale skin and bright gray eyes. Your hair is soft and you have these big platinum brown curls." Luther explained furthermore as he played with Clyde's hair and ruffles it.

"Oh, I didn't know you dove into depth meaning of my nickname."

"It's because you never asked, I'm glad you didn't though. Now seems like a reasonable time to talk." Luther enclosed his arm around Clyde's waist, but Clyde can be oblivious so Luther did it unnoticed.

"You're also really short." Luther started again.

"Don't push it." Clyde ended the conversation.

Luther and Clyde wind up laughing together. Clyde curled into Luther's side as he had his arms wrapped around him protectively. Luther's graduation takes place on their school football field, and it's happening next weekend. So moments like this are important, they needed this night to happen.

"We'll always be friends right?" Clyde asked Luther innocently, Luther smirked and gapes at Clyde's doll-like eyes.

"I don't know about friends..." Luther answered just the question. Clyde started to panic and frown at Luther's reply; unexpected to believe.