CLASSICAL MUSLIMAH: 1

Asokoro, Abuja, Nigeria.
Monday, 12 February, 2018.

Eesh changed her sitting position on the love seat in the Muhammad Umar mansion. She furrowed her brows as she went through the comments. How could she get just a thousand comments? She had posted a snippet of her blog on Instagram the previous night. It was already noon and she got just a thousand comments? She huffed and dropped her phone on the love seat, thinking a way to get her fans back to her.

Maryam Abbakar Umar, nicknamed Amrah came in and saw Eesh huffing and puffing. She sat beside her.

"What's up? Why are you looking like you could explode any minute?" Amrah said peeping into Eesh's phone.

"Well, that's because I could!" Eesh snapped angrily.

"Whoa, chill girl. I was only asking a simple question." Amrah said leaving the room. She knew Eesh would never apologize. When she offended someone and she knew she was wrong, she'd just let you cool off for a day, and make the first move of talking to you. That was just how she was. Egoistic.

Maryam Abubakar Umar was one of Eesh's cousins whom she talked to. She's fair, unlike Eesh who's chocolate. A slender nose, thick full brows, pale extremely plump lips and large eyes are the features Amrah possessed. She was tall and slender, always smiling.

But despite possessing all those features that everyone thinks are the features a beautiful woman must possess, Amrah was quite the ugly one among her three siblings. But it was one of the traits of the Umar family. Ugliness. And what made the trait more prominent was the fact that her parents Amina Gana Jalingo and Faruk Umar Jalingo, were cousins. It was a family marriage.

Eesh on the other hand possesed a few Fulani mixed with Shuwa Arab traits. Her mother, Asma'u Abdu Nasidi was Fulani-Shuwa Arab. Despite that, she took only a few of the traits which made her more beautiful than ninety five percent of the family.

Eesh was dark in complexion, with round large eyes, long brown hair that stopped on her upper back, small dark lips always set in a thin line, a slightly slender nose and small carved brows. She was a little bit short and chubby. Always wearing the boss lady face.

Eesh heard her phone ring before pulling it up to see who was disturbing her five minutes of thinking. Seeing the caller ID and couldn't stop herself from scoffing, then rolling her eyes.

"Hey." She said in a bored tone.

"Ameen Wa Alaikis Salam. I'm fine, Alhamdulillah. How, are you?" Hauwa Mubarak Umar sarcastically answered. She was one of the many cousins who Eesh never liked talking to. They always preached about everything she did. Which she hated.

But unfortunately for Eesh, she was stuck with her because that Hauwa was like a leach.

"Be happy I even said hey. Hauwa, what is it?" Eesh snapped, she hated anything that would bruise her ego and just what Hauwa said did it.

"Firstly, my name is Uwani. Secondly, fear Allah Aishatu..."

"Eesh." Eesh cut her off before dropping the phone on the love seat so that she could stand up and perform ablution. Yes, she might be an ego maniac but she was a Muslim after all. And she performed all what was compulsory on a Muslim.