Chapter 3

Mira POV

"Mama." (y/n) said, "Yes darling?" I said as she continued to work, "Seepy." I said, "Why don't you have one of your sisters put you to bed?" I asked, "Want Mama." He said, "Mama is very busy darling. I'd love more than anything to spend time with you and your sisters, but as the queen of Artemina I have the responsibility of looking after our entire kingdom." I said, "I know it's not fair to you or the others, but someday the same responsibility will fall on your shoulders." I said as I picked him up, "It's a very hard job, but with my help, you will one day be a great king." I said, suddenly I heard his soft snores, "I suppose you were very tired." I said as I got up and carried him to bed.

"Goodnight my darling." I said as I kissed his forehead, "Mama loves you." I said, "Mama?" Pisti said groggily as she sat up in her bed, "Did Mama wake you? I'm sorry." I said as I tucked her back into bed, "Mama loves you." I said as I kissed her cheek, "Now go back to sleep my darling." I said sweetly, "Night night Mama." She said as she went back to sleep.

The next morning at breakfast (y/n) was the last one to finish eating. "Are you feeling alright darling? What's wrong?" I asked, "Not hungry." (y/n) said as he poked at a bit of his breakfast with his fork, "Ok and why aren't you hungry?" I asked he just shrugged, "Did you not sleep well last night? Tell Mama how she can make things all better." I said he just looked down at the floor, "I think I know what's going on. You're upset that I've stopped paying so much attention to you." I said causing him to look at me, "Your sisters went through the exact same thing, except they started acting out to try to get my attention." I said, "I'm honestly surprised that you're getting upset over this before Pisti." I said with a slight laugh, "I know I might not spend as much time with my children as I'd like, but that doesn't mean that I love any of you any less. You are the baby of the family after all." I said as I picked him up, "I can't say that it'll be much fun, but what if every now and then you can spend the day with Mama." I said, "Would you like that sweetie?" I asked, "Yeah." He said as he hugged me, 'I'm not a good mother, I'm a great mother.' I thought as I walked away carrying (y/n).