eight: fell in love

Samia

It had been a minute since I talked to any of the guys. Shordie was here and there but he agreed to be just friends. Aside from Allure, no one else knew what was going with me after I moved out. I was so close to having everything like I wanted. I stood up on the stepping stool to put my curtains. My phone rang. It was Fenix. Don't answer. Bitch, don't do it. That voice chimes in again. I hated myself for just wanting to be Fenix. Especially since I told him I loved him almost two weeks ago. My phone rang again. I sighed and got down.

"Hello?"

"Hey, You busy?"

"Nah. What's up?"

"I wanted to come check the place out. Everyone done seen it but me. I know you don't want me around but I got you a house warming gift."

"Well— I suppose it's only fair."

"Ight. I'll be there in 20 minutes."

20 minutes. I looked like trash. How the hell was I gonna get dressed and cute looking in twenty minutes. I ran into my bathroom and took off my paint smeared clothes, my hair was messy, and my face looked like I'd ran a marathon. I quickly hopped in the shower knowing that Fenix would at least take 30 minutes since my apartment was further from where they all lived. I kind of wanted it to be that way. I wanted my space.

After my shower, I put on some gray shorts and a tank top. I didn't have to dress up for him after all, this was my house. I sat on my couch and scrolled on my phone. Hopefully, I could pretend like I wasn't excited that he was coming. His knock at the door pulled me from my thoughts.

Just be cool Mia. Just be cool.

Fenix was standing there with roses and a bag in his hand. Damn it. He came prepared. Roses. Goddamn Roses. I stepped aside and let him in, his eyes wandered around the place and I still had boxes around. "Sorry about the mess, I wasn't really expecting more company until next week." I closed the door. "Nah, I think it looks good." He turned around to face me. "I think you look good too." I tried not to blush and change the subject. "Are those for me?" I pointed to the roses. Fenix nodded and handed them over to me with a smirk. I bet he knew how excited I was to see him. I hate him. Always reading my mind. He looked so good and he smelled so nice too.

"So how have you been?" He asked as I put the flowers in my vase on my island.

"I've been okay, just you know moving everything in and getting settled." I shrugged trying to keep distance in between us.

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah. How have you been?"

"I've been alright. You know me, busy doing my thing with the boys."

I nodded and looked around. Small talk. Tension so thick you could cut it with a knife. I'm sure he noticed that shit too. "I missed you Samia." Fenix spoke up after being silent for a little bit. I changed the subject again. "So what's in the bag?" He lifted it up and handed it to me. Bet he noticed how I tried to change it again. I sat down on the couch and opened it. It was three vinyls from my favorite band, Queen and a small box. He remembered that I loved Queen. I know what you're thinking. A girl like me listening to Queen. Well I got taste.

Fenix sat down next to me smiling. "I figured you'd want some vinyls for the new place. I know you've got that record player and shit so thought you might like it." I looked at the box and opened it. It was a necklace with my initials. It was beautiful. No one ain't ever gave me something so nice. Not even Kato. I looked at him. "It's so lovely. Could you put it on for me?" He leaned over as my back faced him. I could smell him again and feel how warm he was when I leaned against him so he could put the necklace on. I wanted to stay there. I wanted him to wrap his arms around me. I know I shouldn't. Jesus Christ. What is wrong with me. WAS I THAT FUCKING LONELY. It was over before it started though.

"There you go. Lemme see how it looks." I turned around and he stared at me. "It looks good yeah, real good." I gave a half smile and yet again changed the subject because we kept having those moments where we were staring at each other. "Are you hungry?" I asked looking at my phone to make sure it wasn't too late. "I could make us some food if you are cause I ain't ate yet." He laughed at that.

"That's not like you. You're always eating Mia." I nudged him and he laughed even more. "Shut up." I smacked him with a pillow and he pulled me against him. And we found ourselves closer and I couldn't scramble away this time. He looked at me and then before I knew it, we were kissing. It was like someone set off fireworks inside my stomach. He kissed me and pulled me in his lap despite my brain yelling at me to get off him. I couldn't help myself. I pulled away.

"Uhm. Sorry." He slid his hands from around me and let me move. I scooted over.

"No— it's uh. It's okay."

"I know you told me not to touch you again in the past. I just I couldn't help it. I'm tired of being away from you. I'm so tired of ignoring that I love you Mia."

I blinked. Did he say love? Me? What? "I'm sorry what?" I blurted out. "I love you." He repeated again and I felt like I was about to pass the fuck out. Was I hearing this right? He grabbed my hand and pulled me close to him again. We kissed again. But before I could say anything else. A knock sounded through the house. I groaned and almost tripped trying to fix my clothes. "Just a minute." I ran to the door. It was the police. "Are you Malik Carson's sister?" An officer asked. He had this weird look on his face. "Uh yeah, why?" I looked back at Fenix who was now getting up.

"I'm sorry to inform you ma'am. But he's been shot."