Meet With The Emperor

Duke Advik then told his knights to search the carriage and seize any weapons they found. The knights did what they were told but did not find even one piece of weaponry.

"I don't have anything harmful on me so just let me through, this is ridiculous."

Tai-chi said. After saying that, a knight rode in on horseback and announced that the Emperor said if Duke Advik needed to stand down and for Tai-chi to proceed to Palace.

"....."

Advik paused for a moment.

"Then I shall do as his Imperial highness says. Stand down, men."

They all put away their weapons as Tai- chi got back into his carriage and continued to the palace. The guards opened the giant golden gates at his arrival. The servants orderly lined up at the side of the carriage and opened the purple door. When Tai-chi walked out of the carriage, he was expecting servants to be the only ones to greet him but as he stepped out he heard a familiar voice welcoming him and saw-

" Your Imperial Highness!"

Tai-chi placed his hands on his chest and kneeled before the Emperor.

" Haha, you can rise, you looked shocked Rovell, my boy."

Tai-chi got up at once.

"I wasn't expecting your Majesty to be welcoming me personally that's all. I happily greet his majesty the Emperor of Avalon."

"It's good to have you back Rovell."

"I'm sorry about what I did the other day,"

Tai-chi confessed and bowed his head in guilt.

"About that, " the Emperor said calmly
"Let's go inside, we'll discuss this further."

"As you wish your Majesty."

The Emperor calls Tai-chi Rovell because when they first met, the emperor had disguised himself as a commoner and talked to him. Tai-chi told him his middle name instead of his real name as he thought he was a suspicious person. So now he always calls him by that name.

" Tai !"

Shouted a pale pink-haired girl with hair that slightly passed her shoulders. Her golden eyes sparkled at the sight of Tai-chi. Her name was Leah de Avalon, the crown imperial princess. She was also secretly in love with Tai-chi. However, her 'secret' was not much a secret as everyone who had ever stepped foot into the palace knew but pretended to not know out of the fear of the Emperor.

The only person who didn't know was Tai-chi himself. He didn't notice her 'secret' feelings for him.

'Tai!"

She shouted out of the joy of seeing him.

"Your Imperial Princess please slow down you might fall!"

Shouted one of her maids as they breathlessly ran after her. As Leah ran, the heel of her shoe got stuck in the red and gold carpet which led to her falling forward. Luckily, Tai-chi was there and in one swift movement, he caught the princess before any of the guards could.

"Are you alright your imperial highness? Your not hurt are you?"

Leah's eyes were fixed in the purple eyes of Tai-chi.

N-no I'm by all means fine!"

She said blushing intensely then quickly got up and hugged him.

"Oh, I'm so very glad you're okay Tai."

She said with tears in her eyes.

"You don't know how much I missed your fruit cake. I poured my eyes out every day but I had hope, I just knew you'd come back to me. Duke Advik, I'll let him pay for what he did to you."

She thought to herself.

"Her Imperial Highness is concerned about me, I'm truly honored."

" Of course you'd be Tai, even though it hasn't been discussed yet, I'm soon to be your future fiance, it's very much to be desired. And when I make you the Emperor we'll be the happiest couple to ever exist. "

"I want us to have a lot and lots of children five boys and seven girls to be exact but if you want us to have more that's fine by me."

She once more thought to herself.

"Leah, kindly let go of him, we have matters to discuss." The Emperor said.

"Really? Fine then."

She proceeded to let go of Tai-chi but instead latched onto his right arm.

"Leah!"

The emperor angrily shouted.

" Fruit cake only just came back to me after such a long time. I don't have any idea of what he's been through since then but you want me to leave his side? Nonsense! I will not budge!"

She angrily thought as she shook her head indicating a 'no'. The Emperor sighed at this but then also allowed it in the end.

Time skip to the throne room.

"Forthwith, you did defeat the overlord which was a commendable task but because of the destruction caused thereafter, it was too great to be overlooked. If I knew it would have been too great of a task for you I wouldn't have assigned it to you."

Tai-chi said nothing at this but instead bowed his head in disgrace at the emperor's words.

"As your punishment-"

"Father! You can't!"

The Emperor's judgment was abruptly interrupted by Leah's sudden outburst. Still latching onto Tai-chi's arm she continued her testimony.

"Tai hasn't done anything wrong! He completed his task, didn't he!?"

" Furthermore, no one got hurt! He does not deserve punishment !"

"Leah, not another word out of you. We'll have a chat after this."

"..."

Leah did what she was told and didn't make a sound.

"Now, back to you Rovell, you'll stay at your estate under strict supervision until we know that you're stable enough to be back in society."

The emperor announced.

"You are dismissed."