2. Messenger to a Bird

Diego was at his safest with Swiper, it felt like it was just the two of them in the world, no worries or woes, he wasn't just somebody connected to her, he was Diego.He liked it that way, it was nice he liked Swiper." Hey Swiper guess what I have" Diego was eager to flaunt his Uno cards at swiper, "cards", swiper face was smug, he was shocked," how?", Swiper looked at him with that smug all-knowing face, he knew what was coming, " well because I'm older than you Diego so I'm smarter and better than you". "meanie" Diego puffed his cheeks out trying to look mad and intimidating which ultimately was the opposite, ' cute' Swiper thought as he laughed at him." Hey it's not funny" Swiper laughed more, " you know Diego you can't be mad at me, let's play the cards you brought"

Diego saw the kids at his play UNO, it was all the rage, it looked really fun, almost every kid in his class would join to play, he wanted to. It looked really fun, so when every kid was playing he wanted to join, "hey can I play with you guys", he was hopeful, this way he can make friends, he was just scared to be with people, fear looming in his eyes due to his biggest insecurity.  He knows it won't happen here so he should stop overthinking, it's just a game after all nothing big really, but his heart is still pounding as he stood there waiting for an answer. " Yea sure ever ones playing anyways", Diego was happy to be able to play, it was a fun game, so many things happened as his class laughed, he was happy.

Diego wanted to play with Swiper when he sees him again and play with the other kid again, he wishes that he and Swiper went to the same school so he wouldn't be so worried and lonely all the time. As the days passed until he was able to see Swiper again, he made friends with a few kids, everything was good. As he reminisced while taking the cards and shuffling, it was going to be fun, it's with his favorite person in the world, he was happy. "How's school,?"

    They started to play, "We'll not to brag I made some friends", Diego giggle he was happy, swiper smiled, "I'm proud of you, but guess what", Swiper always held that smug look whenever he was proud or wanted to brag, Diego wanted to be as good as Swiper at guessing, " you made new friends?", his voice was unsure." Spot on, I made some really cool friends".

Diego smiled until he heard, " UNO OUT" ahh he let his guard down and lost", " not fair, let's play again", Diego was determined to win, "haa, think you can win me",  Swiper shot back, " sure can" they played until the sun was setting, it was even, 10:10. As Diego was about to leave he spoke, "hey swiper, next time I come, ill be sure to beat you, so heads up", Diego wanted to wipe that smug look off his face. "Next time we see each other you'll be crying because you lost", swiper held that iconic smile, "you'll see," Diego said as he waved him off, he was happy, giddy, he couldn't wait to beat swiper.