chapter sixteen

chapter sixteen, passion for passion

SHE HADN'T SLEPT ONE WINK that night

SHE HADN'T SLEPT ONE WINK that night. Wondering how Jane could've done that to Alexander, her husband the man she had shared her vows with and with Evan Faucett of all people? It had definitely taken her mind of Sherlock Holmes and the wedding fiasco of course.

Neither girls said anything that morning, they didn't even talk. Jane and Dorian went out to town together while Emilia and Evan decided to stay home and relax or at least try to for Emilia. The two were playing a game of cards after taking a stroll around the neighbourhood and a visit from William Tewksbury and Enloa Holmes The two had glasses of wine sitting right by them, deciding to play a drinking game seeing as they were both incredibly bored.

Neither were drunk by the end of it of course, just even more bored. Emilia found she didn't really enjoy the mans company all to much. But, it wasn't as if she couldn't live with talking to him, he was alright just not her favourite person ever. Evan was now writing a letter as Emilia played on the piano forte again, attempting to sight read the piece in front of her, she was never good with that side of music.

He looked over to her, holding the pen in his hand before finishing his letter up and setting it away for later, moving to the couches waiting for her to finish up. "What do you like to do for fun, Emilia?" He asked looking over to her, she stood up and walked over to the seats, sitting down opposite him.

"Well, I like dancing and dress making, they're great fun." She answered, taking a sip of the wine had refilled for her when she was sat by the piano. "And you?"

"Drinking and cards." He said smugly as if it were an accomplishment. "And hunting."

Looking for a conversation starter she looked for a conversation, seeing a newspaper on the side of the table she looked at the title, seeing it was about another political party. "What are your views on politics."

He took a moment to answer, looking deep in thought before speaking. "Well, I think this vote for womens shit is absolutely absurd to be quite fair, but still us men can't have anything with your kind wanting a share of it." He joked although noticed Emilia's face contort into one of disgust as she watched him with her mouth wide opened. He realised that was the wrong thing to say.

"Are you joking?" She asked, although it was a rhetorical question as she soon interrupted whatever he was about to say next, "Just because you have a vote you think we can not?" She asked, standing up from his seat, Evan quickly getting up also to feel as if he were taller than her instead of sitting in her shadow.

"I- Well seriously, what are you all going to vote for, who has the prettiest umbrella?" He asked rhetorically, shrugging his shoulders at her, watching her face get even more red than it was before.

"How dare you!" She exclaimed, then being pulled in towards him with his hands on her waist as he kissed her.

Emilia's hands immediately came up to her chest, hitting him, trying to push the man away although he was too strong grabbing her hands with his one hand and deepening the kiss as she opened her mouth in shock . She then started to flail her arms, trying to get his clenched hand off of her, wondering why none of the servants were helping her. She quickly made a harsh movement of kneeing him where she sun didn't shine, leaving him jumping off of her and clutching at it with a scowl on his face as he groaned in pain.

Standing up, she looked around to the servants before walking towards the door and stopping at the one nearest.

"I want a hot bath running and a key for my bedroom in five minutes flat." She spoke, her voice shaky as she said it.

She left the room quickly, running up the stairs and into her bedroom, closing the door with a thud, her back sliding against it as she sat on the floor, tears freely escaping her as she made the loudest sob sounds. She felt disgusted and wanted to get into any kind of water to bathe herself free of the feeling of handprints across her body.

It was a while before the bath was ready, but as soon as it was she had ripped off of all clothing, even with the maids standing there and got into the tub as quick as she could. "Mi'lady, if you would like some help-."

"No." She interrupted, "Please leave me."

IM SORRY I HURT MYSELF WRITING THIS TOO OKAY