Chapter 34: Ultimatum

Jessica sat on her chair after taking a bath and changing her clothes. She looked at the picture frame that mirrors her and her three other siblings. They look so happy with Hanna on the middle showing her gummy smile identical to Mina's. Little krystal on her hold playing with her cheeks. Krystal and Top on both sides. 

"I wish it's not within you guys." She smiled hopeful to her words. Just when she was about to stand up, she heard a knock on her door. 

"Come in." The door pushed open revealing her niece in her casual clothes. 

"Good evening unnie." She closed the door behind her and walked towards the couch on her study room. Jessica stood up and leaned in front of her desk crossing her arms. 

"Good evening too." The older woman tried to observe the girl's expression. She look so calm but bothered. 

"So what do you want to talk about unnie?" 

"Hmm are you okay?" 

"Don't I look ok-" 

"Are you okay?" She asked again. Mina blinked in confusion only to realize seconds later what her question means.

"I am not." The blonde let out a sigh.

"Chaeyoung... that girl looks like she cared for you." Jessica smiled.

"I'd like to think that way too and I believe she has her reasons." Mina looked straight at her eyes. Her purple irises glowing in hope and belief. The older woman can't help but feel warm from the emotions her niece can show just for that person. It makes her feel slightly jealous of having someone to love like that.

"I do believe they have a reason now." She blurted out.

"Did she do something to you?" Mina frowned. 

"She didn't harm me but she told me something with a great exchange just to make me believe her." 

"What?" 

"She said that the right hand of Luci is hiding within us trying to shaken the peace." Jessica looked back at the painting behind her. The painting depicts the old times. Selene, Luna and the wrath of Sun towards them. On the far side is a man laughing on his cloaked horns. Mina followed where she was looking and she immediately understood what she means.

"and you believed her?" 

"I did." 

"Why?" 

"A Sol can be cruel but they don't lie. She also traded an information about them just to make me believe and by that I knew I had it wrong all this time." Jessica let out a sad smile. 

"What did she tell you unnie?" Mina felt this could be related to her and Chaeyoung too.