4. Making Amends

9 years ago

It had been only a few weeks after their mother's death.
The two siblings had left their old home when the police showed up, not wanting to be separated by the system.
They had found shelter in an old abandoned warehouse, Gotham seemed to have an abundance of those.
Jason went out at night to 'make money', but Percy knew he was thieving.
"I'm heading out tonight. I'll only be a couple of hours at most, stay hidden, and stay-"
"Out of sight." The eight-year-old rolled her eyes at her brother, a lopsided grin on her face.
"Just because I'm younger than you doesn't mean I'm an idiot Jay."
Her older brother chuckled softly, "No I guess it doesn't." Jason adjusted his coat one last time before heading towards the small hole in the wall.
"Jay, wait."
The raven-haired boy looked back at the voice of his sister, he wasn't expecting to see tears in her sea-green eyes.
"Perce what is it?" He was immediately engulfed in a tight hug.
"Promise me something?" Her small voice was muffled by his thick coat.
The blue-eyed boy smiled lightly. "Anything."
"Don't leave me."
Jason pulled away from his sister and bent down to her eye level.
"I will never leave you Perce, who would keep me out of trouble?"
The small eight-year-old bit her lip. "You promise?"
He nodded. "Yeah, I promise."

Percy awoke with a start, wondering what brought her to dream about that memory.
Then it all came flooding back. The Giant War, Leo, Annabeth, Sally, seeing Jason again, and then the dinner at the Waynes, which turned into an overnight stay.
That explains why I'm sleeping in this fancy-ass room.

The room Mr. Wayne, or Bruce as he said he likes to be called, let Percy stay in was nearly as big as Sally's old apartment.
However before Percy could admire the room any further, her ass of a brother barged into the room, not bothering to knock.
"Oh...good your awake!" The whipping cream and feather that he promptly hid behind his back did not go unnoticed by the demigod.

Percy just smirked as she laid her head back on the soft feather pillow. "You sound so happy to have found your sister awake. Also Jason I'm pretty sure knocking is a thing."
"Ahaha you are so funny. Also, breakfast is going to be ready soon."
Percy propped herself up on her elbows. Her brother, for once, actually looked kinda nice. His hair was still a mess but it looked like he combed it with his fingers, And he was wearing the same leather jacket he wore when he picked her up.

"Wait when are you leaving?"
Jason shuffled over to the bed and sat down, and then carefully put his supplies on the floor out of Percy's sight.
Turning back to her he played with the comforter. "I'll leave a little bit after breakfast."
The ravenette nodded. If I leave a little bit after him I can make it...

"Look Perce, I'm sorry for what's happened in the past. I can't change what I did, but I want to make up for all the time lost. Can you forgive me?" His sister stared at him for a moment, not quite knowing what to say.
"Jason I'm still going to need some time. I'm not quite ready to forgive you, but I would like to have you as my older brother again." At the joyful look in her brother's eyes, Percy smiled. "Now I'm not saying things will magically go back to how they were, it has been 9 years, but I'm-" she was interrupted by her big brother engulfing her in a tight hug.
"I missed you Perce."
"I missed you too Jay."

—————————
—————

Percy sat beside Tim during breakfast, he reminded her of Leo in a way, yet he also had his differences.
Right now he was telling her about some computer program that he had, he talked with such passion.
With a pang in her heart, Percy thought of Annabeth, and how she would ramble on about architecture, she missed her best friend.
"Come to think of it, what's your number Percy?" The ravenette shook her head to clear her thoughts, "What?"
The sixteen-year-old chuckled, "I asked what your number is." Then he looked as though he realized something. "I didn't mean it like.... oh God... Jason is gonna kill me."