19. Monster Removal Team

———

"This is my cousin from Themyscira, a daughter of Poseidon. She recently ventured out into the outside world and for that reason would like for her identity to remain secret. She is here to help us with our recent... problem."

Percy looked at her cousin uneasily, sure it made sense for her cousin to do most of the talking as she actually knew what she was talking about, however, if Percy was supposed to assist them in killing monsters she had to show that she was actually capable.
Diana introducing her wasn't exactly giving her the impression of a capable leader that knew what they were doing.

"Not to be...rude, but why is her help necessary? Why do we need her as well as you, Wonder Woman." Percy was regretting not asking Damian about the different heroes on the Justice League.
She had absolutely no idea who the man was that had just spoken, only that he loved the colour green and his weapon of choice was a bow.

Her cousin studied the man for a moment, no one else spoke as they were all wondering the same thing.
"She has led two mythical wars and defeated Areas in single combat, Riptide is more than capable."
Percy turned around and stared at her cousin.
Riptide? She's going by the name of her sword? Like yeah it's a cool sword but like....

Her train of thought was interrupted by small snicker which she turned and glared at the small child. "Not now Damian."

The young teen only glared at her, and let out a small tsk sound.
The three heroes behind the tiny child looked confused, but Percy wasn't focused on them, she was instead watching as different members of the League question her cousins as well as... her brother's father as to why she was needed.
Each question was worded differently but they all asked the same.

With a small huff of air Percy decided it was time to step in.
"Look Di-Wonder Woman asked me for help because she doesn't have as much experience dealing with these bastards as I do. Look, I came because because my cousin asked me for help in killing the monsters that are trying to kill you. If-"

"Kill them?"
She stared at Superman as he crossed his arms for a moment then glanced at her cousin with a dry expression.
"You didn't tell them?"

This time Flash spoke up. "Tell us what?"

"These monsters are Greek in origin, from Greek Mythology. They don't die, they just reform in...Tartarus." Her words were met with silence.

For the first time Bruce spoke up, his gruff voice seemingly echoing around the large hall. "That means that we will always have to be on guard as they will keep coming back no matter how much we 'kill' them."

Percy shook her head lightly, a small smile forming on her face the slit in the helmet was just wide enough for the heroes to see it. "Not quite, it usually takes years for monsters to reform. Sometimes centuries."

"So we only have to kill them once and we are good?" The green hero from earlier spoke up again, and the demigod met his question with a nod.
A ripple ran through the group of Heroes as they all inspected the celestial bronze equipment they received uneasily.
Some have yet to kill.

The brown-haired hero known as Green Lantern raised his hand like a child, very clearly poking fun at her. "Hold up, is no one else concerned about the fact that Wonder Woman said 'mythical wars'? As in plural?"

The daughter of the sea took a deep breath, it was showtime. She now somehow had to convince them that she was an Amazonian warrior, and instead of leading children to war she led full grown Amazonian.

"It isn't the business of mortals, but if you must know over the only a couple of seasons ago the great Titan lord Kronos rose from the depths of Tartarus and tried to capture Olympus. Which would mean certain doom for mortals like yourself. Myself as well as a company of 50 Warriors managed to save Olympus from Kronos's armies."
Percy fought back a wince as she 'summed' up the Great War.
Pretended that she didn't lose oh so many friends, that she was a great confident leader that hadn't made stupid mistakes.

Flash let out a small awkward cough at her words, fiddling with his fingers. "And the other?"

"This last season Mother Earth, Gaea, raised up her children the giants and secured the doors of death. Allowing a flood of monsters to enter through. A company of nine, including myself, defeated her as well as her offspring."
She knew that the heroes noticed how she had skipped through a lot, more then before.
And was grateful when they didn't ask anymore questions, as she wasn't sure she would be able to say anymore without a tremble in her voice.

Diana stepped forward, successfully turning all the eyes in the room to her and off of her trembling cousin.
"We believe that the monsters that have attacked multiple members of the Justice League are the 'left over' monsters from this last war. Riptide is here to make sure none of us die, as she is what you would call an expert on slaying monsters."

When no questions were asked Batman spoke up. "We will be splitting up into multiple groups in order to cover each angle around the warehouse we will be springing our trap in."
In no hurry Batman turned his calculating gaze onto Percy.
"Covering the west side will be Robin, Red hood and Green Lantern. They will go with Riptide."

———

Hehehe