Introduction | When We Met

First day of middle school... You thought to yourself before going to bed. New people to meet, what would they think of you? I have to look okay on my first day..

  Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!
  6:30 AM
  "Ugh.." You slowly got up out of bed, and got ready for your first day of middle school.
  "Y/N! Don't forget your camera!" It was mother.
  Ever since the 4th grade, you had been interested in photography. You took pictures everywhere you went on your mother's phone, and in the 5th grade, you got your first camera.

  "Mom, are you sure they'll allow the camera?" You said in a raspy tone.
  "Of course! I talked to the principal, everything should be fine.."
  She went on and on and on. By the time Mother was finished, you had finished getting ready.
  You took the camera from the kitchen table and placed it carefully inside your backpack.
  "Bye, Mom!"
  "Bye Y/N! Have a great day!"

   You finally reached the school after walking a bit.
  Woah.. this place is pretty big for a middle school.. you thought.
  You took out your camera and started taking pictures of the school. You walked around and took pictures of other things too.

  "Excuse me but you're kind of in the way."

  You turn around. It's a boy with glasses and short, blonde hair. He notices your camera.
  "What are you doing carrying a camera around?"
  "Oh um.. well it's a hobby."
  "Huh, so you're into photography? How common. What's your name?"
  "Y/N."
  "I'm Tsukishima Kei."
  "Well, it's nice to meet you, Tsukishima!"
  "Yeah, yeah. You should probably stop taking pictures now though. You'll be late."

  The thought of being late on the first day of school sounded completely embarrassing, so you put your camera back inside your backpack, and walked inside the building.
  Surprisingly enough, you and Tsukishima had a few classes together. It was very clear to you and the rest of the classmates that Tsukishima was quite bright indeed.
  In most of your classes you had with each other, he sat next to you, so you asked him for help with anything you didn't quite understand.
  "You should pay attention more, then." He often said. But he did help you after classes.

  "It's better to study after class, that way you won't get caught in class."
  "Well, that's kinda obvious, don't you think?" You replied.
  He opened his mouth to say something, but then quickly closed it again.
  "Shut up.." he mumbled.
  You chuckled.
  "So, where are you heading now?"
  "I heard there was a volleyball club here so I'm deciding to join."
  "Oh, you like volleyball? I've been wanting to do volleyball too! Can you teach me?"
  You both stopped at the front of the gym. He looked at you for a moment, then said, "I'll teach you when we're older, how does that sound?" Then walked right into the gym.

  Click. You took a photo of him.
  "It could be better.." You said to yourself, as you walked back home, imagining you practising volleyball alongside Tsukishima when you became older. It got you excited. But you were more interested in photography more than anything.

  I can't wait until we're older. You thought to yourself, as you stepped inside your home, and went straight into your bedroom.

  You've made a friend on the first day. Little did you know, things wouldn't be so simple anymore in the future.