e i g h t

Shit, I regret this already

The girl stood in the middle of her room, which is an absolute chaos. Shirts are scattered everywhere, her bed was a mess. Her laziness is drowning her, wanting to just sleep and ignore the fact that this habitat of hers is looking like a pile of trash.

"I don't wanna do this."

A moment of silence lingered.

"But I have to, a boy's literally coming in an hour"

Her mind was contemplating. This could be fun, right? Groaning, as she ran her hand down her messy hair. "Why did I ask him to come in the first place?"

Get your shit together, Kim Saeron. It's not that hard to clean your goddamn room.

Saeron let out a sharp exhale, slumping her shoulders down out of demotivation. Whether she wants it or not, she must.

Once she pulled herself together, she started picking up the discarded shirts starting from ones on her bed, to the ones laying on the floor. "Aish, this is gonna take a long time."

What seemed like an eternity has now come to an end, as she picked up her last piece of clothing, folding it nicely and putting it into her closet. "Oh my god, finally!" she exclaimed, throwing her body on the softness of her bed, closing her eyes out of tiredness.

Just as she was about to drift off, the door was abruptly opened. "Kim Saeron, clean your roo-" Taehee paused, as she looked around her daughter's room in absolute shock.

Saeron opened her eyes, to see her mother's head peak through her door, with a shocked expression written all over.

"Oh goodness.." the woman trailed off, not expecting anything from her usually-dirty room. But what she witnessed just now, left her immersed. Never in her life did she think, her own daughter would have a room as clean as this since it was usually her to clean it, knowing how lazy Saeron could get.

"Mom, are you gonna come in or?"
"I'm gonna cry"
"What- why?-"
"The tragic room I once knew is now.. gone.."

Saeron rolled her eyes playfully, lightly laughing at her mother's words. "Mom, you're being dramatic." Taehee was still in shock, but chose to speak instead. "What made you do this?" she asked jokingly, her hand still on the door handle.

"Oh um, a friend's coming over. It needs to be somehow presentable, right?" Saeron replied, earning a gasp from Taehee. "A friend?? Is it a guy?"

Here we go again.

"Uh yeah-"
"Oh my, how does he look? Is he in your class?"
"Mom-"
"When is he coming? Why didn't you tell me? I could've made something!"
"Okay but mom-"
"My daughter's finally getting a boyfrien-"
"Mom! No, it's just school work"

Saeron laughed at her mom's reaction. She's always overreacted towards things, especially at the mention of a guy, with her daughter.

Eversince Saeron was little, she's always had a very close relationship with her. They've been together through their ups and downs. Saeron has always been Taehee's little girl, and she's never been more grateful than to have her mom by her side.

Their relationship got closer after her dad left for another woman when she was just 10. Saeron kept telling herself that she doesn't need boys in her life, scared on what will happen if she does. Life's complicated, somehow.

Taehee giggled along, before shutting the door, proceeding her way back to the kitchen to make something. Saeron closed her eyes, about to drift back to her sleep that was intterupted. As she was about to reach her dreamland, a bell rang throughout the house.

Saeron opened her eyes abruptly, turning on her phone to see the time.

6.03 pm

Shit. It's him.

The girl looked down to her body, covered by another sweater and sweatpants. She groaned, forgetting about changing her outfit into a more presentable one. Rushing into her closet, she picked out a rather nice outfit, quickly get herself changed before running towards the front door.

Saeron ran down the stairs, not wanting her mom to open the door, knowing damn well how she would act towards her guy friends.

Welp, too late.

There sat her mom and a boy dressed in all black, which she assumed to be Jisung, in the living room's sofa, conversing with each other. Shit, what did mom say to him. She mentally facepalmed herself before quietly walking in to not disturb them, earning her mom's attention. Jisung had his back towards her, so he clearly couldn't see her walk into the space.

"Oh, Sae! You have a guest."

ohoohhoooho okay

ohoohhoooho okay.