13

I feel like I'm getting a sense of deja Vu.

I stare at my mate as he looks back at me with so much sincerity and hope like I have the power to make him whole and maybe I do.

I've never been one to cause anyone pain or hurt. Sure I've been known to make Owen sweat a bit when he needed something but me purposely hurting someone I care about, it's not something I find pleasure in.

"Why couldn't you have fought this much for me back then"? I couldn't help but ask. I knew if he really wanted to hear about how I'd become tainted he would have found out for the alpha but then again I guess he was so angry at not getting a pure mate.

"All I can say is wounded pride Bonnie" he sighs but doesn't step back from me. He walks a bit further instead, almost touching but not touching. "I was more hurt than anything back then. I took it out on you in the worst way possible and I'm regretting it so badly right now, you have no idea".

He brings his hand up to my face, exhaling after his hand made contact as if finally breathing after a while. I lean in to his touch and step more into his embrace.

"I know sorry is not enough, but I'll rather spend the rest of my life making it up to you than another second without you in it. You're my mate, my other half and I'll make sure you know how important you are to me" he says before leaning in and pressing his lips to me.

Words can't describe the euphoria I feel as he holds me gently while his lips caresses mine. He's lips takes mine tentatively but when I move mine against his, he leans into me more, deepening the kiss until all I can think about, all I can feel is him.

"Come back with me Bonnie, be mine, please" he says as if in prayer when he finally breaks the kiss to rest his head on mine. He lifts his head to look into my eyes a bit. "I need you by my side, please" and I melt.

Hugging him to myself so tight as I try to shut off the voices in my head, telling me I'll never be happy, telling me I'll always be alone.

"Yes" I say finally, "yes I'll be with you, I'll be your mate" I tell him and he squeezes me harder.

I don't know if I'm making the right decision or if everything will change as he had said but I know one thing's for sure, I'm stronger now, better now. I'm not the same person I was before, I won't be conditioned like I was before.

***

"Oh my God, that's it. You are trying to kill me. I'm certain about it now". I gasp out after Ronan and I had sparred. I laid down at the mat, trying to drag in as much air as I could.

I heard Mason laugh as he came up to the mat to squat beside me. "You loose Bonnie, you get to do the dishes today" he said gleefully, glancing up at his brother as they high fived. "So much for you taking me on one on one, you couldn't even handle Ronan".

"You little shit, you're making dinner" I reply, trying to swat at him with my exhausted limbs but he docks out of the way, laughing at my obvious loss. Ronan pats him on his back, moving to other warriors that were training and I move my arm in a weird goodbye gesture.

"Come on looser, I'll get you home and cleaned up" he said picking me up and carrying me home.

Coming back to Tikkana was the best decision I could have made it seems. Mason, true to his words have been amazing and I saw a different side to him, a side that I've come to adore.

I had been introduced to the pack when we came back officially as the packs Luna. Mason moved me into his house and has been very patient with me. I finally told him about everything I had gone through with Novu and he understood my fears when it came to mating.

He had permitted my parents to come see me as well as Drew, Owen and Megan to come see me. Drew still didn't agree with Mason but was happy that I finally was happy, that I finally had my own place in life. Oddly enough, Drew got on swell with Ronan.

Ronan and his mate Penelope.

Turns out Mason got the alliance with alpha Garrett by passing on the mating of his daughter Penelope to Ronan instead of himself, since both weres had mates that had died. Alpha Garrett had no choice but to agree especially since Ronan is also of alpha blood.

Ronan now has purpose, has a mate he can call his own and I couldn't have been happier.

Looking back, I think of all the things I have done through and though unbearable, it has made me who I am today, has gotten me to where I am now. I'm no longer that unassuming, naive weakling.

No.

Now, I'm a survivor, I'm a strong she wolf, a mate to an amazing male and a Luna.

The end.

*Thanks for reading 😘
Please vote and comment*