Writing Prompt #1

This is a kinda dark story...

Harlow crumpled up the note angrily as she ran outside to her car. The rain poured heavily as she lurched forward, catching herself right before she slipped.

She began shivering. But not from the rain, or the cold. But from the terror that has taken over her mind. The terror and anger at her mother. Her mother... the person who she hadn't met until last year.

She placed her hands upon the trunk, breathing heavily. 

"No, this isn't possible... no..." She says, her green eyes roaming the area. Scanning for any movement, any life...

Breathing in, Harlow placed her hand upon her red car. 

She lifted the hood of the truck, bracing herself for the horror that would come. Her face turned white as the hoarse voice whispered, "Just let me explain."

Harlow whipped around. Startled. Her mother stares back at her with her dull eyes. 

"Just let me explain," She says, reaching out towards Harlow.

"S-stay away from me!" Harlow screams as the wind whips her auburn around.

Her mother took a step closer to her, "Please..." she says soothingly, her black hair plastered to her skeleton-like face.

"STAY AWAY!" Shrieks Harlow in fear, she held her hand up to block the rain splattering onto her face.

"Darling..." Her mother coos, reaching out, "I won't hurt you..."

"I don't believe you!!!" Harlow yells, taking another step back, her back hitting her car, "You escaped from a mental hospital!!!" 

"But I did that to see you... You never visited me..." her mother says, an evil glint in her dark eyes.

"YOU KILLED MY FATHER!" shouts Harlow, desperately wishing for her neighbors to see what's happening.

"He deserved it!" Her mother growls, but immediately caught herself smiling brightly again, her crooked yellow teeth glowing in the dim light, "But I did that for you..."

"For me? For me?!" Harlow screams, her voice going shrill.

Her mother grins evilly, ignoring the rain, the wind... and the thing in the car trunk... the body in the trunk...

"MY SON!" Harlow screams, looking at what's in the trunk. She gingerly picked up his broken bloody body. She whips towards her mother, "WAS THIS FOR ME TOO???!!!" she screams.

"Yes darling, yes..." her mother says, licking her lips as her eyes narrow.

"And this! Is for you too!" Her mother shouts.

The last thing Harlow felt and saw, was her mother plunging a knife into her chest. The sharp pain in her chest lasted for only a second. Blue and red lights start flashing, sirens sounded. The sound of shouting can be heard, police... Knowing that her mother is being taken away. Harlow drifted off, looking forward to finding her son, and her father on the other side. She slipped away at 6 in the morning, on August 24th, her son's birthday...