Chapter 4: Fighting Ninjas

Bolt's POV: (P.S. This takes place right where Chapter 2 left off. But Chapter 3 was the next day. It will come together don't worry!)

        As I get off Mars' bike, I take off my helmet and Mars asks me, "So, how was training." "Good." I tell him. I decide to not tell anyone about Master Oka telling me to 'be ready for anything' thing since I didn't know what it meant so probably no one else will. Mars and I walk inside and I see my mom in her cooking apron making spaghetti. My dad is at the kitchen table reading his newspaper. Yup, just a normal family. "How's your day Phoebe?" My dad says flipping a page of his newspaper. "Good." I say setting my bag down. "Do you have any homework?" My mom asks. "No." I say running to my room. I wanted to talk to Crystal. I haven't talked to her in a while. I grab my T-phone and lay on my bed. I type in Crystal's number and wait for Crystal to pick up.  "Hello?" A voice asks. "Hey Crystal!" I say. "Hey Bolt! How you been?" Crystal says to me. "Good! How have you and Donnie been doing?" I ask. "Great! The other day, Donnie and I spent the whole night working on a new invention! It turned out to be a bust but I was still happy to watch him work so hard." Crystal tells me. "Glad to hear it. I miss seeing everyone face to face." I say. "We miss you too. I'm sorry but I gotta go. I promised April I would study with her for a history test tomorrow." Crystal says to me. "Oh, uh, well that's okay. Bye." I say. "Bye!" Crystal says hanging up. I sigh. Ever since I came back home I barely get to talk to my friends. It stinks. I don't have any friends here because they all think I'm weird and a freak for going away for a year and wearing a mask everywhere I go. "Phoebe! Time for dinner!" My mom hollers at me. I sigh again and head downstairs. After dinner, I decide to go to bed. I put on my polka-dotted pajama pants and a white tank-top. I take off my mask and put it on my nightstand. I crawl into bed and look at the stars as they start to come out of the night. I see the pizza constellation that Mikey created. I would give anything to see my friends again! "I wish I could go back to New York City. I'll do anything." I whisper as I drift off to sleep.

        I wake up from a knocking on my door. "Phoebe! Wake up! You're going to be late!" Mars says. I look at my clock and see that I have one hour before school starts. "Mars! I have one hour!" I yell at him. "Yeah, but don't you wake up a hour and a half before school?" Mars asks behind the door. "Whatever." I say getting up. I forgot to set my alarm last night. I grab my clothes: A blue T-shirt, a leather jacket, and jeans. I take my shower, brush my hair, and put on my mask. I walk into the kitchen. My mom hands me a plate of bacon and eggs. I sit down and eat. Mars walks in. "Are you driving me to school today?" I ask. "Yeah, but I can't pick you up." He tells me. I finish eating, and grab my bag and Mars drops me off at school. I go to my locker and open it. I see Helen at the corner of my eye. "What do you want Helen?" I say. "Nothing, I just wanted to do this." Helen says. "Do what?" I ask looking at her. I see Tyler and he pushes me. I step back and look at him. I cross my arms. "Do you think that was a good idea? That counts as attacking." I tell Tyler. Tyler gulps and takes a step back and puts his head down. "Wimp!" Helen tells Tyler and walks off. Tyler follows. Luckily, school ended quickly, and I was excited for my lesson with Master Oka today. Maybe he'll finally tell me what he meant yesterday. I begin to walk out the door, but then I see Tyler. "Hey, I'm sorry about Helen and I." He tells me. I was a little shocked. I never imagined Tyler would apologize to me. "You are?" I ask. Tyler nods. "Hey, if you got a minute, I have something to show you. Turn around." Tyler tells me. I stupidly listened to him and turned around to see Helen, opening the janitor's door. Tyler pushes me inside with his foot, and I fall inside. Helen slams the door and locks it. "See you tomorrow freak!" Helen says. "GET BACK HERE COWARDS!" I yell at them. I pound on the door but no one lets me out. No one is left in the school. I pound on the door for another couple of minutes but nothing. I'm going to be stuck here a while aren't I?