Need 4

Chapter Four

            The two males refused to talk to each other for the rest of the night. Both just lingered by their beds and ignored each other's existence. Occasionally one of them would get up and go to the bathroom or go get a snack. There was no TV in the room, so they couldn't watch that. Even if there was, they would have just fought over channel choice. Petty, really.

            After checking his phone repeatedly, Sasuke found that Itachi had forgotten to text or call him. For some reason that made Sasuke a bit sad. He was Itachi’s brother for goodness sake and yet Itachi just dumped him here and didn't even say a proper goodbye. A text saying ‘hi’ at least would make Sasuke feel wanted, but he apparently wasn’t worth the energy.

            Sasuke's fingertips twitched constantly but not for drugs. Not for a concoction. Especially not for his long lost (taken) syringe. Instead it was for Naruto. That beautiful blonde boy who made Sasuke want to cry with need. Those soft lips were burned into Sasuke's very mind and he was actually jealous of Sai for being with Naruto.

            Sasuke's mind began to think. This was war, right? The prize being Naruto, of course. Thoughts of Sai beating him and winning the prize popped into his head, but smirking, Sasuke knew that that was impossible.

            Sasuke always won, whether the prize was worth winning or not.

            This certain raven went to bed easily that night. With Sai royally pissed at him, Sasuke was able to plan many schemes and ideas of catching Naruto's eye. Many of them involved beating the shit out of Sai, but if Sasuke did that Naruto would hate him even more. With another twitch of his fingertips, Sasuke knew that wouldn't be acceptable. 

            There was another plan though. An innocent one.

            Get to know Naruto and let Naruto get to know him.

            But that couldn't possibly work, right?

            Sasuke thought it was worth a try.

-------| Naruto's POV |-------

            The next morning at breakfast, Naruto sat down next to Sai and the latter wrapped his arm around the blonde's thin waist. Just this small show of affection made Naruto blush brightly. Taking a sip of his cool milk, Naruto tried to hide it with his long hair.

            “Naru, babe, I like it when you blush. Don't hide it from me,” Sai breathed into Naruto's ear while pushing the locks out of his face. The blush had deepened drastically on his cheeks.

            Just as Sai was going to kiss Naruto on the lips, there was a noise behind them. Someone had cleared their throat to get the couple's attention. Both boys looked behind them to see a grumpy, bed-headed Sasuke standing there with a tray of food.

            “Mind if I sit with you?” he asked quietly. He was fiddling with the edge of his tray with nerves and wouldn't look up at them. Naruto slid a bit away from Sai and tapped the spot on the other side of him. Sasuke took this as indication that he could indeed sit next to Naruto.

            “Sure,” Naruto said cheerfully, with an even deeper blush caused by getting caught.

            The tired Sasuke sat slowly next to Naruto and started on his meal. He was about done when he looked up at the two boys. Only to find them staring at him.

            Naruto felt obliged to shatter the awkward silence, “Do you like it here?” Which was a stupid thing to say counting on the fact that Sasuke was druggie. Getting off of that sort of thing was never the person's choice. It was usually due to the fact of a worried parent or family member. Druggies never liked being here.

           Ever since yesterday Naruto had dreaded talking to the raven. That kiss had left him feeling tingly and guilty. It made him feel like he had cheated on Sai. Sai had told him it was no big deal; that it wasn't Naruto's fault at all. Glancing back at Sasuke, Naruto found himself blushing by just the piercing onyx eyes that were looking gently at him.

            ‘Wait, what? I'm dating Sai! Sasuke shouldn't be making me blush!’ Naruto was starting to panic, internally anyway.

            “Yeah, it's okay here. At first I didn't like it, but it's … growing on me,” Sasuke's low tenor voice responded. It sounded amazing and mouth-waterly sexy to Naruto's ears. Naruto's body jerked and he stood up abruptly without thinking. Sai jumped up in response and glared at Sasuke, as if it were his fault entirely.

            “Excuse me, I have to go to the bathroom,” Naruto lied quickly. His short legs took him to the private bathroom in his dorm that he shared with Kiba. The room was a mess but Naruto easily stumbled along through it. Slamming the wooden door shut, Naruto leaned on it and eventually slid down to the floor.

            He put his head in his palms and sighed. Naruto's mind was thinking back to the surprise kiss. How rough Sasuke's lips had been against his. Sai always kissed him softly, as if Naruto would break. It was a different feeling to be kissed as if you were everything. As if you were wanted, not just had. Sasuke kissed him as if he hungered for Naruto's taste, to just to kiss him. Sai kissed him like Naruto was an object that was always hurt. Too fragile to be left alone. Who ever said he was?

            Sasuke tasted so good too. Naruto couldn't get that sharp and sweet taste out of his mind. It made him feel like he was left with want. Naruto needed more. But doing so would leave him breaking Sai's heart. Naruto couldn't do that. Sai had been there for Naruto since the beginning when he had been cutting because of the pain and guilt. Sai was kind enough to look past that and like who Naruto truly was. Sai was gentle and understanding. Sai cared about him. Sai loved him.

            But Sasuke seemed to need him. Need Naruto's touch, his presence, his everything.

            Confused, Naruto began to cry. What was happening to him?

=====

I got my butt going and wrote the 4th chapter for this!! The competition between the ravens has began!!!! Poor Naruto...

Like it? Love it? Hate it? Want more? I'd love to know!!!!