47 - power

LUNA

Stumbling as I push the creaky old Hale house door open I trudge on in and lean against the door waiting for Derek to turn around. Coughing obnoxiously Derek finally turns around, his usual broody exterior present. By his eyes widening I don't think he was expecting me to show up. I mean I wasn't going to but I have no where else to go, I would've gone to see my dad if I knew where he was lurking.

"Hey, you okay."

"I'm fine Der, all is good in Lunaville."

"Yeah, watching your friend die and killing the witches will sure make you just fine Luna."

"Please can we not do the whole concerned and the whole protective act. And simmer down on the sarcasm I already have one Stiles I don't need two."

"Hello Lu." Peter turns the corner and says, by the looks of it he's been here a while.

"Oh isn't this wonderful, a family reunion, what could possible go wrong." I mutter throwing my arms up in the air.

"It's quite a situation you've got yourself in here, Derek, Luna. I mean I'm out of commision for a few weeks and suddenly there's lizard people, witches wanting to kill you, geriatric psychopaths and you Derek are cooking up werewolves out of every self esteen deprived adolescent."

This will cause a fight in a minute, what a normal family gathering this is. Though I do think we're all so much alike that we always end up fighting but who knows. My family, the remaining ones that is aren't freaking normal, we're as dysfuntional as they come.

"What do you want?"

"I want to help. You're my nephew, and you're my daughter. The only two relatives I have left. You know there's still a lot that I can teach you. Can we talk?" Peter makes his way throughout his little speech to Derek and places his hand on his shoulder affectionately. Big mistake, something tells me Derek will not like that.

"Sure, lets talk." Derek throws my dad into the staircase.

Derek begins, quite literally, beating the crap out of him. Instantly throwing punches and  throwing him against the wall. huffing, I stomp my feet on the ground.

"Seriously guys. 1) dad, I don't neeed your help with witches, I handled it, 2) the two of you, if you want to carry on with this whole performace then I'm going to leave, I'm not in the mood for any of this right now." I saunter away and head of running in the direcion of the school.

Somehow I have a funny feeling that tonight is going to turn into a great big fiasco.

--------------------------

Pushing passed the stupid and smelly male population in the locker rooms, I make my way towards Stiles. Standing beside him I nod as Coach starts giving the boys a speech.

"Good morning. In less than an hour, aircrafts from here will be joining others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind." Coach announces with such determination in his voice. Scott's mother stands by Stiles and I and shakes her head and mutters 'what?' which is partly what I was thinking.

"Mankind - that word should have new meaning for all of us today.">

"Stiles what on earth is the man going on about?"