The Devil Hates Prada

One thing about Five Stars was that it attracted people of high class, people who knew people, and as much as that was good for business, it was bad when the owners just wanted to have a quiet time.
Logan was not exactly dressed to impress, and his perculiar dress code seemed to attract more attention than he required.
This was his least favourite place, but after the encounter with Zoe, he did not want to deal with people, especially at the office, not after lashing out at Lola and Natalia. He cringed at the thought, he was doing a really good job at pushing away his friends.
Maybe it was for the best, after all, he was cursed. Getting closer to him would only result in them getting hurt.
He felt like his life was getting messier with each day. He was even starting to wonder if maybe his past was catching up with him.
What if there was more to this than he thought? What if Caroline's husband was not the one behind Jorge's shooting?
First it was Jorge, now Kyle, maybe he was next.
He was not going to act all innocent when it came to his past, he lived quite a dangerous life. All three of them did, and they had done some pretty bad stuff, they messed with a lot of people. He would not be surprised if someone came back to get revenge.
His thoughts were keeping him from doing his work, he had been staring at his laptop since he arrived this morning.
He shut the laptop and checked his watch, it was almost 3p.m. and he had to pick up Antonina from the hospital.
He was just about to pack up his things when he caught movement from his peripheral vision, there was a woman headed his way, and he could sense trouble before she could even reach his table.
"I'm sorry, I couldn't help but notice that you were a bit distracted," she said sweetly, but Logan could tell she was anything but.
"Do you do this with every stranger you meet, or was this speciality reserved for me?"
"Can I join you?" She went ahead and sat anyway without her permission.
He raised an eyebrow at her. "What do you want?" He demanded.
She leaned back on her seat and crossed her legs, watching him with a smirk on her face. "The infamous Logan Parker," she mused, fixing up her glasses. "I've heard so much about you, in fact, the ladies have quite a lot to say about you. Apparently, you have your ways with women."
Logan did not know what it was about this woman, but she rubbed him off the wrong way. He had no idea who she was or where she came from, but he had never seen or met her before, and he could tell she was not from here. Whatever drove her here, it was nothing good.
"Whatever the hell is going through your head, I'm not interested."
That earned a heartfelt laughter from her. "Wow!" She placed a hand on her chest. "You think I'm interested in you?" She laughed. "I'm sorry, but you are not my type."
Logan relaxed, at least she was making her motives clear. "Great, the feeling is mutual," he said with a brittle smile. "Now, I'm not gonna ask you again, what the hell do you want?"
She smirked and leaned forward, obviously happy about where this conversation was going, and then all the playfulness vanished from her face, menace settling in its place. "The only thing I want from you is to ruin your life, Logan Parker. You are going to pay for what you did, and by the time I'm done with you, you won't know what hit you."
Logan clenched his teeth. "Give it your best shot."
"See you at your funeral."
"Oh, really?" He challenged, leaning forward so that only she could hear what he was about to say. "Sweetheart, I don't know you and I don't give a fuck who you are. I dare you to mess with me, and you won't have a funeral, because your family won't even know where to find you," he said in a low, dangerous voice, not missing the twitch of her finger. "I will scatter your body part all across the continent, no one will be able to identify you."
She pushed her chair back violently and stood up, leaning down to Logan's level. "You haven't heard the last of me, Baby Doll." Logan felt the blood vessels on his face tighten, and she smirked. "She really did a number on you, didn't she?" She laughed lowly, if there was class in laughter, she would probably snatch a gold medal.
But that was not what bothered Logan at all, how did she know MJ?
"Who the hell are you?" He gritted.
She smirked in response and pushed a strand of blond hair behind her ear. "You don't know me yet, but you will," she declared and walked back to her table, and then she grabbed her handbag and winked at Logan before she left.
Who the hell was she and what did she want from him?
There was something about her, he felt like he knew her, but then he had never met her before. She had trouble written all over her, she was exactly the type of woman he steered clear from.
All he knew right now was that he did not like her, she had managed to bring out his dark side in a split second.