Chapter 5

I exited the apartment cautiously. My stalker just about to be revealed but a loud engine interrupted my discovering. 

Men in lab coats and armor, some carrying guns, jumped out of a four by four and ran up the stairs towards my door. I slunk back into my home and safely secured the door closed behind me. Almost knocking a vase off a table, I hurriedly ran towards my front window just in time to see the man from the lab and cave get tackled.

The connection I felt with him was strange, as he was being taken away I felt my energy fading slightly like he was my power source. He fought them but soon lost, he looked almost tired as he got in the car even though they hadn't given him anything. 

I knew I had to find him again. 

****

*THE NEXT DAY*

The wind whirled the leaves around in small carousel-like patterns along the gum covered floor. My feet were dragging me aimlessly through town, but I just couldn't shake this low, lifeless feeling. My heart felt empty. I felt empty. This whole world felt as though it was missing something. 

My mind whizzed back and forth like a yo-yo to last night and the Lycan. 

Snapping me back to reality, vibrations from my phone jolted my pocket. 

"Hello?"

"Hey Dellz its Colton!" Colton was my best friend, my only true friend since high school. 

"Hey Col!, why did you call?"

"I found some interesting files from your request last night." 

This spiked my interest, I had asked Colton the night before to hack into the lab's system. Yes, it is true he was a computer nerd outside of work even though you would never have thought it, he did not look like your typical computer geek. 

" Ok, I'll be over in 5!"

With that, I sprinted towards Col's apartment building.

****

My knuckles rapped viciously on the old wood of the apartment door. 

The door swung open quickly and Colton dragged me inside.  His laptop was open on the bed as he shoved it in my face. 

"You need to read these" Col said quickly. "It talks about a lycanthrope project and I also researched what you told me about him calling you 'mate'." He slowly drifted off as though he was afraid to say the rest.

"Col? Go on. Say it" My voice was unsteady as I looked in his eyes, attempting to reassure him. 

" The word mate specifically translates to 'the sexual partner of a bird or other animal'" I was stunned by this comment and took a minute to calm my breathing down.

"Oh gosh, can I take the memory stick with these files on and head out?" Was all I managed to rush out. 

"Yeah, do you want a lift?" Colton replied uncertainly. He had just started to grab his coat off the rack.

"No thanks Col, I need some space to think about this" With that, I rushed out the apartment door shouting another quick thanks behind me. 

****

*Sorry about the time skips*

The burning sensation in my throat felt as good as sex at this point in time. I felt empty and shattered, my emotions were everywhere. Tears silently rolled down my cheeks as I smiled at the bar tender who looked very concerned. The homey smell of mixing alcohols filled my nostrils and almost put me to sleep. 

I felt a tap on my shoulder as my head nearly touched the bar. I jolted upwards at a crazy speed. The lightning outside crackled as rain started to pour on the roof audibly. A smiling face greeted me as I looked up at the stranger who tapped me. 

"Hi miss, I think you may have had enough to drink tonight. Lets get you home"  A tall, broad man stood near me. 

I grunted in response. 

He picked me up gently and carried me out onto the darkened street. 

"Where do you live miss?"

"Just around the corner in the apartments" I murmured.

With that he took off, cautiously carrying me towards the place I call home. 

"So, are you gonna tell me why you're in the bar at 10:30 getting drunk out of your mind?" His bright smile blinded my drunk ass. 

"No. Woah, what products do you use on your teeth? They're amazing" I say while stroking his lower lip staring at his teeth. 

I took the next few moments tuning out what he was saying to take in his appearance. He looked like an angel, perfectly white teeth, black hair that lowly hung over his forehead. I could see the muscles of his arm bulging out of his tight-fitting shirt. But he didn't compare to my wolf. Hold on! He is not mine he's just... a... paranormal...werewolf? But he called me.. mate.

That's the moment I made up my mind. I was going to see him again. 

I quickly got out of the strangers arms, handed him a note with my number on and ran off in the direction of my apartment. 

"Call me!" I shouted drunkenly behind me at the muscly angel with amazing teeth. 

While unlocking my door I was silently planning on how I was going to see my wolf again. 

I'm in deeper than I thought. 

PLEASE COMMENT ANY STORY SUGGESTIONS AND THOUGHTS. 

EDITED