Gwens sister

Sophia's PoV
My sister Gwen has been working harder than ever, since father was Killed, to keep us going. She refuses to let me help but when she is away I sew and sell products at market. I was planning to make more this week but she told me she has asked for time off and she would be home most of the time. When I asked she informed me she had an important guest coming. I did not want to burden her further.

"Gwen I'm back" I called placing the flowers in a vase by the window. "You should have heard William this morning. I swear nobody in the kingdom is happier that that prat of a prince is away..." I laughed slightly turning toward Gwen only to find her not alone. With her stood Merlin and Prince Arthur. I bowed low "sire forgive me" this was my first encounter with the prince and I could tell I had not made a good impression.  "Gweninvere, who is this?" Arthur spoke clearly irritated. "My lord this is my sister Sophia." Gwen spoke hesitantly. "She did not mean harm Arthur she was simply gossiping with her friend." Merlin jumped in confidently. Arthur shook his head and walked further into the house. I moved towards Gwen and shoved her harshly "what were you thinking?" I whisper yelled. "Merlin made me okay and I can't exactly refuse Arthur remember who he is Sophia." Gwen justified. "No Gwen!" I yelled loudly "you remember who he is, he killed father. How could you forget!!!! If it wasn't for him father would be here." Tears began to surface as the thought of father circled in my mind. "The death of your father" Arthur spoke as he walked into view to Gwen's side. "Was a unjustified act of fear carried out by my father. If it was my choice he would be here with you now." I glared at the floor, reminding myself of my place. I stormed back out the door slamming it behind me. How dare he come into my house and act in this manner. I'm can't believe Gwen would do this to us.

After my walk I felt calmer and decided to go back inside. I walked in closely the door silently. The house was still. Walking in I saw Gwen asleep on our bed. Arthur must have left thank god. Softly I removed my coat and dress leaving only my under garment. Taking the little black pins from my hair letting it fall loosely across my shoulder making my way to the bed to join Gwen. I gently moved the blanket covering myself facing the ceiling. "I'm sorry about earlier Gwen." I spoke quietly in case she was asleep. "You know how fathers death hurt me. I can hardly cope now, your always away. All I do is sit in silence. It drives me insane. Knowing that his murders are living lavishly while we suffer. It's not fair Gwen. I never understood how you could stand the site of them Gwen everyday." I stop and breath deeply. Gwen moved towards me swiftly. I turn towards her smiling sadly. A scream escapes me as I come face to face with Arthur. "What are you Doing????" I yell at him ripping the blanket away from the mattress covering myself. "Me you came into my bed with me" he yelled back. "Your sleeping in my bed!!!" I shouted by soon remembered who I was speaking too. "Sire I did not realise you were here." I spoke almost in a whisper and gave him my blanket.  He went to speak but Gwen walked in. "Sophia your sleeping in with me tonight." Gwen spoke hinting at me to not say anymore. "Of course Gwen." I clumsily throw the blanket back to Arthur and ran the to the back room. I surprisingly my bed for the next week were out sacks of grain. Tears began to flow with embarrassment. I had just confessed my emotions to prince Arthur. It's been so long and I haven't even been able to tell Gwen. "Come now Sophia let's try and rest" me and Gwen lay together, I tucked my self securely into her side hoping that tomorrow will be a good day.