7

It was nighttime. Kehlani was playing with her toys while Jahseh scrolled through his phone.

"Princess can you close the door please" Jahseh spoke. She went to the bathroom door and closed it.

"No baby that door" Jahseh laughed pointing to the bedroom door. She went over to it and closed it but when she did that she accidentally closed her fingers. She started crying.

"What's wrong baby?" Jahseh questioned. She continued crying. He sat up.

"Why you cryin princess?" He questioned looking at her. She looked back at him with tears rolling down her face. When she turned around Jahseh seen her fingers between the door frame and the door. He gasped and ran over to her. He opened the door and she pulled her fingers away. He closed the door again and picked up his crying daughter. He got the fingers that she closed. He kissed them. She stopped crying. She was just sniffling now.

"You okay baby?" He wiped her tear. She just sniffles and rested her head on his shoulder.

"Tired?" He rubbed her back. He laid down on the bed with her on his chest. He rubbed her back. Her head was tilted upwards a little so he looked down and her and seen her asleep. He then turned the light off so it was pitch black in the room except for her night light. He fell asleep.
•••
He woke up feeling a weight on him. He was confused so he looked down and seen he fell asleep with Kehlani on his chest. He gently placed her on her side of the bed. He then laid on his stomach falling back asleep.
•••
Jahseh woke up for the day.  He looked over at Kehlani to see her still asleep. He could hear her light snores. He got in the shower before she woke up. They all were going to the mall today to go shopping.
•••
He then got out and did everything he needed to do. He exited the bathroom and seen Kehlani STILL asleep. He picked out her outfit and laid it out. He went in the drawer for her socks. He seen her moving in the corner of his eyes. He looked at her and she was stretching. She fluttered her eyes open. He smiled at her. She just laid there. She then sat up. He picked her up and took her downstairs to get something to eat. He fed her and went back upstairs.