Aaron

Nyke left earlier in the morning to his office as he has a deal to close. He left without having his breakfast. In the afternoon, I called him as my cousins arranged for a get together in the evening at grandparents home. I may return to home after him, and Nyke always wants me to inform him if I will be late to the home.

"Hello," Mehna answered his phone.

I clenched as my temper reached to the peak, but remembering Nyke's warning the last night, I calmed myself.

"Can I talk to my husband?" I said.

"It's in speaker. You can speak. Nyke is busy, but he is hearing," Mehna said.

Thank god! I didn't spill my anger at Mehna. Nyke would have killed me with his words by insulting me before Mehna.

"Nyke, my cousins arranged for a get together at my grandparents house. I may be late to the home today. I will try to come as early as possible but......"

"Ok. Take care. I will send the vehicle for you to drop you there. And how will you be returning home? Do you want me to pick you or your cousin going to drop you?" Nyke said.

"Aaron will drop me," I said.

"That's great to hear that Aaron is back to city. I will meet him tonight," Nyke said happily.

Aaron and Nyke were good friends. I fell in love with Nyke because of Aaron. However, Aaron didn't agree for our marriage and I married Nyke against Aaron's decision. And from then, Aaron stopped talking to us and left the city for two years. Only from a few months, Aaron started talking to me, but still not to Nyke. I know very well that Nyke didn't divorce me yet just because of Aaron. Or Nyke would have left me long back. Aaron doesn't know how my relationship is going with Nyke or I am sure Aaron won't let me face this kind of cold behavior from Nyke.

"Okay," I said.

"And remember Aaron should never know how we are in our relationship. Once I lost his friendship because of marrying you and if I miss him again because of you, you will be out of my life," Nyke said in a cold voice.

I didn't reply Nyke.

"Rose, I said something to you."

"Okay," I said.

"Enjoy your time with your cousins. I think today I also may reach home late,"  Nyke said.

"Of course," I said sarcastically by mistake.

"What do you mean by being sarcastic?" Nyke said in an angry tone.

"Do you want to cancel your programme of visiting and enjoying with your cousins today?" Nyke said.

"You can't do that because Aaron can understand everything so easily," Mehna said.

"Damn it. If she is not Aaron's sister, I would have killed her by torturing her every single day for her betrayal," Nyke said.

I was irritated with Nyke as he started talking about our relationship with Mehna.

"Bye," I said.

"Enjoy the time with your cousins. Don't stress and I will be late to the home because I have a meeting with foreign delegates," Nyke said.

"Okay," I said.

Nyke disconnected the call and in the evening, I went to meet my cousins. Aaron came and hugged me.

"It's a long time that we met," Aaron said.

"I miss you, brother," I said.

Aaron smiled and looked at me for sometime.

"Are you alright?" Aaron said.

"Yes," I said.

"I feel something is wrong with you. How is your beloved husband, Nyke?" Aaron asked me.

"He is fine," I said.

"Tell him a message from me," Aaron said and then, lighted a cigarette.

"He will be fine until my sister is safe and happy. Or else I will make sure to send him to hell without giving him much pain. After all he is my friend," Aaron said.

"Stop it, Aaron. He is my husband and you are talking about his death before me," I said seriously.

"Guys, this is enough now. We gathered here to enjoy but not to fight or argue. So, stop this topic here," Kanishk, my another cousin said and took us to inside the house.

I saw my cousins Hritika, Yashika, and Hansh in the living room. Hritika, Hansh and Yashika hugged me. I smiled at them and we all had a talk about families and career for a while.

"Esha, today I saw Nyke with Mehna," Hansh said looking at me.

Esha is my original name, and Rose is the name given by Nyke to me with love. After knowing my past, Nyke gave the name Rose to me comparing me with a rose. Though now everything changed, still Nyke calls me Rose. And I love it.

"Mehna, what is she doing with Nyke?" Aaron said, biting his teeth.

"Aaron, it's ok. Forget it, that's a small issue. Mehna is working for Nyke. So, they roam together. That's not a big deal," I said to calm Aaron.

"That's not a small thing, Esha. I hate Mehna. I know about Nyke more than you. And I know everything about Mehna. Everything means just everything," Aaron said, closing his eyes.

Kanishk held his hand and Aaron opened his eyes. I noticed a few water drops at the corner of his eyes. I didn't understand how did Aaron know Mehna. Why is Aaron sad about Mehna? Is there something that's unknown to me about my brother?

"I am sorry, guys. Yes, Forget everything and enjoy the party tonight."

Aaron said, but I looked at him to find out the truth. Hritika, and Yashika accompanied me to the kitchen for preparing the dinner.

Hritika and Yashika are too busy in cooking but I focused only on Aaron. I understood that he is disturbed. I prepared a spice coffee for Aaron as it's his favorite especially when it's made by me.

"Aaron, have this coffee," I said.

"Thank you, sweety," Aaron said and I sat beside Aaron on the sofa.

I laid my head on his shoulder understanding that something is wrong with him. Aaron smiled and caressed my hairs.

"I think my princess missed her brother a lot," Aaron said and took a chocolate from his pocket.

"Your favorite dark chocolate," Aaron said. I smiled and had the chocolate.

"Those times never come back, but are precious," Aaron said.

I smiled remembering those days where I enjoyed with my cousins and Nyke. My thoughts again went to Nyke. Did he have his dinner? Of course, Mehna is there to take care of him. Still I worry for him. My phone rang and it's Nyke. Why did Nyke call me now? Aaron noticed sweat beads forming on my forehead. Aaron handed over a water bottle to me and left the room giving me privacy.

"Hello," I said.

"Why did you take this long to pick the call? Are you fine?" Nyke said.

" Yes, I am fine. Just having a conversation with Aaron," I said.

"Okay. Did you finish your dinner? When will you start? Do you need me to pick you? It's already too late," Nyke said.

I looked at the clock and it's just 8 PM. It's not that late. We didn't even start the party yet.

"Something is upsetting me. I need you," Nyke said all of a sudden.

I can't say no. But if I leave all my cousins especially Aaron would be very upset with me. They planned a lot and everything will be a mess. If I don't go, Nyke will think that he's not important to me. What should I do now? I held my head without speaking anything.