5#: Lost Part 1

Summary: Odin yells at Loki for another pointless thing and Loki runs off into the forest in anger, not realising that no-one knows where he is. He walks around before deciding to head back but he gets lost on the way and has to use his magic, when everyone notices he is missing, all hell breaks loose.

notes: Loki is 14, Thor is 16.

warnings: none

"LOKI ODINSON!" Odin bellowed as Loki stood in front of him, arms crossed and rolling his eyes.

"You can not and will not terrorize Thor and others with your immature tricks!"

"But Father-"

"SILENCE!" Loki swallowed and took a step back from Odin, "You will stay in your room for the rest of today and tomorrow until you learn. Is that clear?"

"Whatever!" Loki yelled before turning to storm out of the room in anger, god his father was so irritating sometimes.

But instead of going to his room as he was told, he went straight past his chambers and headed down to the gardens and the woods. He knew this would only cause more problems but he didn't care, Odin couldn't control what he did forever.

He walked briskly into the wooded area and decided to find a good, quiet spot to sit and read his newest book. He searched for awhile but there seemed to be no decent places, everywhere was either damp or uncomfortable, neither were particulary pleasent.

Loki glanced up at the sky, it already starting to get dark but the boy didn't care, the last thing he wanted to do was go back to his father and get yelled again, and it not even be worth it.

He made sure no one was looking before he started to walk deeper into the forest, his eyes peeled for any nice areas.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Thor had been wondering around aimlessly for the past 30 minutes bored out of his mind, turns out sparring with Sif wasn't as fun as made out to be. He passed his brothers door and a lightblub went of his head.

Thor knocked lightly on the door and waited for Loki to open it. After a moment of no response he knocked again, figuring he was misheard, but again no repsonse.

"Brother? It is me Thor open the door please."

Eventually he got impatient and pushed open the door, only to find the room empty. "Loki?" He recieved no response.

Now he was more intrigued, Loki wasn't one to leave his room for long periods so it was strange for him to absent. Thor then went around the castle asking nurses and maids if they had seen the younger prince, but they all said no.

"Mother?" Thor asked when he found Frigga sitting out in the garden while reading a book. "Yes dear?" She closed her book and focused her attention on him.

"Have you seen Loki? I went to find him but he wasn't in his room." She frowned.

"That's odd, he was with your Father earlier but I haven't seen him since."

"I will go ask Hemidall." Frigga nodded and stood up to go and find Odin, she definately had some words for him.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Loki had been peacefully reading for the past few hours until he realised how dark it had gotten, it had reached late evening but he just used magic to light up the area so he could see, how long had it been? He stretched lazily and stood up, tucked his book under his arm and headed off, still using his magic.

He wondered around, trying to get his bearings but ultimately failing. He didn't want to admit it but...he had gotten lost. It took some concentration but he managed to use his magic to find the path leading him back home.

It was a strong spell, using alot of energy, but if he pulled it off right he would get home within the next few hours without having a break. No that anyone would be looking for him anyway.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"Odin? Have you seen Loki?" Frigga asked, finding her husband in the thrown room.

"Loki? I banished him to his room, where else would he be?" Odin asked comfused.

"Thor said he was not there."

There was a pause before they both looked at eachother, the same expression on their faces.

"Oh no.."

"Guards! Find Loki and bring him back here at once!" Odin ordered, placing a conforting hand on Friggas arm, "We will find him." he promised, unaware of his eldest son who was listening to their conversation through the door.

Immediately the boy burst through the doors, "I want to help!" he announced, standing with his arms crossed.

"No, Thor you will stay here-"

"No I will not father! My brother is out there, and you know it, and I will help. I will not let him get lost or..hurt." He argued.

Frigga made her way over to him and kissed his head, "You may go, but be sure you come back with Loki and you both better be unharmed."

Thor nodded enthusistically and rushed out the room to grab his hammer.

He was going to find his brother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Loki was exhausted. His body was heavy. his feet ached, and the magic was draining the last energy he had. It had been nice while it lasted but now that he was lost, it was a different story.

He missed a step and stumbled onto the ground, landing harshly on his knees. "Ow.." he muttered.

The boy tried to stand but gasped when his ankle burst with pain, he fell to the floor again and collapsed in a heap.

Loki wanted to heal his ankle, it should have been easy but with all the magic he had used he didn't have enough energy. Instead he closed his eyes and let out a breath, his eyes slipping shut on their own accord.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"Loki! Brother!"

Thor shouted into the woods, guards surrounding around him also calling out a few things. They had been searching for about an hour, using fire to help see through the dark.

"Loki Odinson!" Another guard shouted into the darkness.

Thor ventured further and felt something touch his leg, he held out the torch so he could see and gasped.

Laying in front of him, in a crumpled heap, was his brother. "Loki.." he shouted, alerting the others he had found him. He fell to his knees and pulled his body into his lap, "Brother..wake up.." he whispered.

But Loki did not move, Thor placed a hand against his cold cheek and waited but nothing happened. Panic gripped his heart and he ordered the guards to go back to the catsle, insisting that he carry him.

He hauled Loki into his arm, taking off his red cape to wrap him in to keep him warm. "Let's go, quickly!"

---------------------------------------------------------------

Frigga had been pacing for the pat hour, worrying about both her sons being out so late. She was about to go find Odin when the doors to her chamber burst open and Thor rushed in, clutching Loki tightly in his arms.

"M-mother! Help."

She rushed over and helped her son lay down Loki on her bed, smoothing the hair on his forehead. "My son.." she whispered, kissing his head.

"Thor fetch the healers." He nodded and ran of quickly.

"My son, please be okay."

A/N: Part two coming soon..