The Fire (JRWInk day 1)

Taxi stands silently, the touch in his grasp slowly burning out. His eyes glazed as he feels the aggression finally leave his body. He was finally free. He wouldn't feel scared anymore. He had too much power to be scared. He was too strong to be scared. He had nothing left to lose.

"Taxi?" Mountain's voice rang him from the calming silent. Taxi shifts his standing to face the dwarf. He looks, lips pursed.

"Yeah?" Taxi mutters, this throat raw from the yells he had released maybe an hour before. The ashes from the large fire now behind him hasn't helped settle his rough breathing.

"What have you done?" The dwarf's voice lowers as his gaze shifted to the fire blazing. To think it had only started from a single torch was incredible. The way a single thought can spiral into three dead bodies.

"Just getting some anger out." He mutters as casual as he feels. There is no more anger. There is no more unbearable hatred. Only calm.

Mountain's eyes widen as his mouth falls agap. Taxi tilts his head.

"What's wrong?"

"Where's Br'aad, Sylnan, and Vel?"

Taxi gives a small smile. The calm waters of his mind covering the shouts of his old friends in his mind. "I can't get my anger out alone, Mountain."

Mountain swallows hard. Taxi studies his friend's features carefully. He seems scared. Taxi could understand, but not anymore, not with the calm.

"Do you want to help?" Taxi smiles. The torch drops.