Home (JRWInk day 5) (S2 ~38 ep spoilers)

The world felt like it was shrinking up around him as he fell into sleep. The world around him became silent.

Sylnan twisted around, staring at the world he couldn't quite tell if it was real or not. It was all a little fuzzy.

"Sylnan!" A muffled voice became clear. He was in a room, it was the orphanage.

"Br'aad?" His voice was young, he was a child. The little blond half-elf came tumbling into the room, slamming the door behind him.

"Wendal was chasing me-" he cut himself off with a shaky breath, "all the way up here. What are you up too?"

Sylnan stared down at his small hands, noticing the doodles of an escape plan. He crunched up the paper, it was just pictures but if Br'aad found out... he'd rather not have him find out.

"Nothing, just tidying up." Sylnan kicked the toys and small books he had smuggled in her for Br'aad to the side.

Br'aad gave a little laugh. "You clearly aren't good at it." He dumped himself onto his bed, "Do you like we'll ever get out of here, Sylnan?"

Sylnan's eyes flicked down to the crumpled paper in his fist. "I- Well, I've actually been planning an escape for awhile now. I might have a good plan this time."

Br'aad raced forwards, grabbing onto Sylnan's shoulders and shook him violently, "Can I see?"

Sylnan gave a ghost of a smile. "Not yet, I still have a few things to work out."

Br'aad blinked, frowning. "Fine." He let go of his older brother. Br'aad scooped a pile of books and curled up onto his bed.

Clocks. They began ticking from somewhere far away. Grains of sand began to bury them though Br'aad showed no response.

"It will all end soon." An unfamiliar voice cackled. It must have been that evil god Br'aad had served. Purple burned through his eyes.

Shooting up, Sylnan caught his breath in heavy heaps. He dropped his head into his hands. Even the orphanage was better than this. It was all so much pressure.