Chapter 2: Some dead drunk. Some just dead

Brenda was one of those lucky bitches that got to have everything in life. Perfect skin, shiny hair and divorced parents who frequently bought her love.

My parents were also divorced, but none of them had enough money to buy my love. They had enough patience to try to turn me against each other, though.

Sheila and I approached Brenda's house, the huge, two-story villa with a Mediterranean touch and a pool in the backyard. And her house was ten minutes away from the campus, so she got to go home every day after classes. A luxury none of us had.

"What's my tail doing while I'm walking?" Sheila asked and walked in front of me, her naked behind swaying in the rhythm of her steps, her cat's tail mimicking the movement.

"Your tail is fine, but your kidneys are fighting for their life." I grimaced. The only thing she had to cover herself was a grey, fur jacket that barely reached her hips. She was a cat, a slutty cat. Of course, the only cat thing she had were ears and the tail.

"It's a ten minute walk, I'll live." She turned to me and almost gasped. "Girl, you look legit scary."

"Thanks. That's what I was going for, I wanted to creep out every man that lays eyes on me." I was a vampire. Teeth were the only thing I was able to find in the store once Sheila finally got out of the bed and we did a last-minute shopping. I borrowed her coat, which was much longer on me than it was on her, and I had a long red dress on. The last touch was a much lighter foundation than my skin and red lipstick. With the lack of sleep, I actually looked half-dead.

"I love Halloween!" Sheila wiggled her butt and skipped ahead, making me shake my head. "So, Thomas Bailey actually said he might stop by, after he asked you whether you're going?" Her eyes gleamed with excitement.

"Yes. And you gotta watch over me, Sheila." I grunted as I remembered my conversation with Thomas.

"Why? Because you're gonna get wasted? I'm not a good sober coach." Sheila looked over me. "You should've gone as a slutty vampire."

"I'm a sophisticated vampire." I countered, but I knew the dress I had on was far from innocent. It was my mother's when she was younger, it hugged my form in all the right places. Plus, it was strapless and my boobs were ready to mingle. I brought it with me in the last minute, while I daydreamed of an imaginary, hot literature student. Little have I known it would be worn for the eyes of a very real, hot literature assistant.

"Gosh, I should've shaved." I said out loud, once my mind drifted to all the things that might happen tonight.

"You didn't shave your kitty-cat?" Sheila stopped immediately, her expression shocked.

"No, that's the only thing that's gonna stop me from doing something reckless." I admitted.

"Oh, you dumb bitch." Sheila laughed out loud and I shot her a mean look.

The house was already full of people and we entered into a smoke-filled room. Bad Moon Rising was playing as we walked in, followed by another song featured in An American Werewolf in London. The scent of booze and other, less-legal substances lingered in the air, creating a hazy atmosphere. The creepy decorations hung from the walls and people in all kinds of costumes walked around. Some, I didn't recognize. But most of the girls were slutty somethings, so it wasn't that hard to find Brenda.

She was a bee. With the antennas and everything. Except, in her reality, bees wore tiny, black bodysuits that left little to imagination. The only proof that she was, in fact, a bee, were the wings and yellow jewellery. And the antennas, of course.

"My favourite girls!" She tossed her perfect, blonde hair over her shoulder and went in for a hug. I wasn't much of a hugger, but I thought it might be fun if my white foundation somehow reached her black bodysuit. Her group of friends smiled at us, but they weren't too necessary to differentiate. Sheila began talking to them while I searched for Thomas Bailey.