John

John Lennon couldn't remember life without his aunt Mimi. She'd always been there. Hurtful comments, spiteful jibes and making him feel small was things he was alarmingly used to. When he was little, often he'd lie in bed in his bare room and stare at the ceiling, desperately trying to imagine what his mother might have been like. Julia. In his dreams she sung softly to him, stroking his hair when he felt alone. But as he grew older he told himself to stop dreaming of her- she was gone and dreaming would only make it worse. He hadn't even known her, so it was silly to imagine to.

John began to rebel in the smallest ways he could in school. Forgetting his pencil case, talking when he shouldn't. Soon the small ways became big ways. Smoking behind the science block, skipping school to meet friends- he'd even begun to dabble in drugs. This meant he was completely failing school, of course, but John didn't care. The look of rage and disappointment that appeared across Mimi's face every time she was called to the Principles office made it worth it. Everyone knew who he was, and he loved being the centre of attention for all the wrong reasons. He had become everything Mimi despised.

So that's how his life was. Getting into trouble at school and being despised at home. But he didn't care. He had the entire school at his feet and Mimi wanted him out the second he was 18. It was just as he wanted.

But, like everyone else his age, John lived in fear of his 18th birthday. Because that was the day that your husband or wife was decided for you. You were paired up, married and shoved into a house for the rest of your lives.

And this scared John more than anything.

****************************************
Hi! This is a short little introduction to John (duh). I hoped you liked it- I know it's a bit boring but I have another coming for Paul and then the story will get ~started~. It's a classic Arranged Marriage Au with a good boy and a bad boy, basically. Anypoop, this is my first fic and I haven't proof read so sorry if i made any mistakes :/