Prologue - Ever Since Akademi

Budo and Taro had been inseparable ever since they ran away a few weeks ago. The gruesome events of Akademi High had forced them to relocate. The betrayal from those he trusted, it had led Taro to be very guarded. After getting new jobs as a martial arts teacher and a music store cashier, Budo and Taro have dedicated themselves to creating an honorable future together. Despite how much Taro despised Ayano, the two may have had more in common than he would like.

It seemed like everyone, even the people in Taro's new town, knew his love for Budo. Taro had become a little too comfortable with that katana he had received recently. It was properly placed on the wall above the fireplace, and no one was allowed to touch it. Even the police are a bit skeptical about poking his nerves.

The arrival of their son, Ryukon, had only increased his protectiveness. Budo was not too worried about it, but Mrs. Yamada could barely sleep at night. The landscape of the world was rather different after a worldwide conspiracy about the human DNA was revealed back in 2017, causing people to check their genes again. There were certain groups in society that had dormant abilities, which Oka rejoiced from. There was Fire, Electric, Wind, Earth, Garden, Water, Shadow, and Light Shadow. Elemental seemed to be more biased to those with same sex parents, but that only brought up family secrets that made a few people's lives a little rougher...

Taro was happy to know that his family had a heavy Fire Type link, while Budo's had Earthic. However, this terrified Mrs. Yamada even more. Mrs. Yamada was currently pacing around a dark bedroom, holding her phone and ancestry results in hand. She hesitated on calling her son this evening, but she had to attempt to break his protective walls. She took a deep breath and dialed her son's number. She cleared her throat and waited.