Chapter 3

The entirety of the game consisted of Shouyou trying to ignore Oikawa as best as possible, which wasn't the great, and Oikawa who tried to catch his little mate's attention at all times. The brown haired alpha was obviously the more successful of the two.

Karasuno ended up losing the last set, resulting in them losing the whole game. The team didn't plan on sticking around longer than they needed to, seeing as none of them were really fond of Aobajohsai, well besides Shouyou who was currently still undecided.

The team started to funnel out of the gym, when Oikawa managed to lock eyes with Shouyou, nodding his head to the hall just outside the gym.

With a few seconds of hesitation, Shouyou tugged on Sugawara's sleeve. "I'm gonna go to the bathroom really quick, I'll be back in five." He told the vice captain, who just nodded to him in acknowledgement.

Shouyou slipped out of the gym, his leave going pretty much unnoticed. He let out a breath of relief as he shut the gym door, trying to calm his racing heart.

He didn't get the chance to before he was spun around and caged against the wall. The little omega gasped as his mate's nose grazed a line up his neck, gently tracing his scent gland.

"Ashamed of me, Chibi-chan?" Oikawa asked in a low voice, just relishing in the fact he was finally allowed to be near his mate.

Shouyou hesitantly shook his head. He definitely wasn't ashamed of Oikawa, I mean who could be? He just wasn't sure how his team would react and their opinions meant the world to him, seeing as they were his first and only team. He just didn't want them to hate him for his mate.

But he had to remember what Suga told him. He can't let a stupid high school rivalry get in between him and the one person meant for him.

"I-I'm not ashamed of you, I could never. I-it's just... I don't know how my team would react... especially Kageyama...." Shouyou explained, silently cursing himself for stuttering.

Oikawa's chuckle sent shivers down the small omega's spine. "Does Tobio's opinion really matter that much to you?"

No matter how hard his alpha tried to hide it, Shouyou picked up on the traces of jealousy in his voice. He felt the instant need to reassure him.

"Not just Kageyama! The whole team. They're the first team I've ever actually had and they're all such great players and friends, well maybe besides Tsukishima, but I just don't want any of them to be mad at me or something!" The carrot top explained in a huge rush, just wanting his mate to understand he didn't like Kageyama more than him or something outrageous like that.

I mean who could like Kageyama more than Oikawa?

Technically speaking I'm neutral in this debate.

I'd pick Iwazumi any day of the week.

Carry on.

Oikawa pulled his head away from Shouyou's neck, looking intently into the omega's warm brown eyes. "We're mates, Chibi-chan. It doesn't exactly matter what your high school volleyball team thinks of me. I'm your forever. You only get one of me. Are you really going to throw that away to appease your team?"

The alpha would never admit it to anyone, except maybe Shouyou very very later, but he was scared. He was absolutely terrified that his bad reputation with Kageyama and the Karasuno team in general was about to rip his mate away from him.

Shouyou's eyes went wide at the question. "Of course not!"

Oikawa let out an unnoticeable breath of relief.

"Maybe we just... keep it from my team until I can think of a good way to break the news to them?..." Shouyou suggested sheepishly. He wasn't sure how the alpha would take being kept a secret, especially with how bold and confident the alpha was.

There was a slight pause, then Oikawa raised a hand up to brush away some hair from Shouyou's face. "We can do that." The alpha said with a small nod. "If that's what you want, Chibi-chan."

Shouyou slightly pouted at hearing the nickname again. "I have a name you know." He mumbled.

"And that would be?" Oikawa asked with a dash smile, feeling amusement and pride when the simple look made Shouyou turn as red as the Nekoma uniforms.

"Sh-Shouyou Hinata." He said, stuttering once again.

The alpha nearly 'awed' at how cute the omega was, but refrained.

"Toru Oikawa, nice to meet you, Shouchan."

'Another nickname?' Shouyou thought to himself. 'At least it's not making fun of my height this time.'

"I have to go, before Nishinoya and Tanaka come to drag me to the bus." Shouyou breathed out, still not used to being in such close proximity to the alpha.

Oikawa pouted at his words. "Damn, can I at least get your number then?" He asked, his eyes shining with the hope that his mate will say yes.

Shouyou blushed bright red yet again and nodded his head, holding his hand out so he could put his number into his alpha's phone. While doing so, Oikawa put his number into Shouyou's phone.

When putting in his contact name, he hesitated. He knew that if he just put in his name, Oikawa would more than likely change it to Chibi-chan, so in order to avoid that outcome, he took a risk and put himself in as Shouchan.

He handed the phone back, almost appearing more red than before.

Oikawa handed his phone back, looking very smug. Until he looked down and saw the name Shouyou put in. He just smiled fondly at the nickname his mate had decided to accept.

Shouyou, on the other hand, nearly fainted seeing what Oikawa saved himself as.

Alpha🍆💦

*********************
So I know I said I was gonna stock pile chapters and then try to update everyday, but that obviously did not happen. I just had someone who lives with me test positive for COVID, so now my family's under a two week quarantine. Normally that would mean that I'd have a bunch of time to update, right? No. I have to use a family laptop that has to stay in the living room so I can only write when no ones home. So I truly have no clue what my update schedule is gonna be for these two weeks. I'm sorry guys.